Courage

Let the trash commence.

Kirstie's phone buzzed again after she finished her Frappuccino.

Mitch: You know I'm right!

Kirstie: LOL okay totally.

Mitch: Why don't you ask him and prove it to yourself. BET MONEY, HONEY.

Now she was in for it. What did Avi think?

Should I text him?

No. The best that could happen is that he'll say he likes me, we'd fall in "love", then I'll get my heart broken again.

But should I?

...

Avi sat alone in the mountains. He found that the mountains were his safe place.

...or rather, the 1st safe place. His other one was when he wrapped himself around Kirstie, warming the small ice block of a girl.

One of the perks to this specific spot in the range was that there was no cell service, and the surrounding area kept his peace flowing instead of the constant contact with his phone. Avi was texting Kirstie before the service cut out.

...

Kirstie decided it was time she grew a pair, and texted Avi.

Kirstie: Hey... bad news. We broke up. I couldn't stand it anymore.

Avi: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there something I can do?

In reality, Avi was elated. For the most part, every boy to ever date Kirstie was a threat. Especially this last one.

Avi's service died three seconds later. It's fine, he would see her later that day.

He missed her message:

Kirstie: Actually I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. Mitch told me you especially didn't like that asshole. I feel like it's happened before. What's the deal?

*2 Hours Later*

He still hasn't texted back. What's the deal? Did I scare him? Oh God... now I feel awful... he probably feels really awkward... *freaking out*