Chapter 6-testing life

The next morning Jared told me to drive to the farthest place in town and to wait there all before Pete woke up. It was only 8:30 in the morning when I drove to the supermarket and sat in the parking lot waiting. I'm not sure why or what's going on but I'm just a little uneasy about being alone while Charlie is still around. I turned on some music to relax and started spraying some air freshener to get this vampire sent off of me. When I saw Pete come up to my car as I rolled down the window," why hello stranger, what brings you to this part of town?"

Pete chuckled" Jared sent me here to find you."

I looked at him funny and said," stay out there for a sec," I pulled out my phone and rolled up the window as I dialed Jared's number. " hey Jared, go find somewhere to hide I'm gonna have Pete go off and find you," I whispered.

" Okay." Jared answered and I hung up and rolled the window back down as the sun was coming up warming up the frost in the town.

"Come on", I broke down to Pete.

Pete walked over to the passenger side of the car and said," who did you just call?"

"Jared." I smiled. He knew what was coming next. I continued," go find him Pete." He walked out of the car and started looking around and dashed off the opposite way that I was. I started up my car and went back to the condo. As I walked into the door I guess no one was awake since no one was going through my fridge of things to eat. I had made too much noise for anyone to stay asleep. Ricky came slowly out to the living room and had a broom in his hand. " You gonna do some cleaning?" I joked.

He relaxed and said" I thought you could have been Charlie."

"Shhhh, it's too early for us to talk about Charlie." I said. I wasn't joking on that part.

"It's apart of life Ari..." he said shrugging it off.

"I'm not alive..." I paused," do you want anything to eat?" I tried to change the subject.

"I'll eat something later." He didn't want to change the fact that Charlie lingers around me. He always had and always will. I guess that's why my only explanation for him was that he loved me, that was a total and complete lie.

Joe walked in drowsily in slow motion moving over toward us. " what's for breakfast?" he asked trying to stay awake. We had complete silence as Joe just went through the fridge looking for food. Mike was still in his room as Rick left the kitchen to go talk to Mike. I just went over to the living room and laid down onto the couch as Joe was eating away with loud chomps. I couldn't tell what he was eating, I can't detect human food anymore. when I was first turned I could, but now I seem to have lost it all.

Pete and Jared walked through the door when I stood up.

-sorry this was so short, I will try and make the next chapter way longer!-