Chapter 1-Pilot

This all started because I answered my door at ten o'clock at night. I opened it and there stood my only friends sandwiching a stranger in between. Ricky, Mike, and Joe were all like paranormal hunters, they check out anything that seems suspicious. That's how we know each other. Or knew each other. This isn't going to be another Twilight or Beautiful Creatures story, this is reality. Reality is nothing like those stories. So don't be disappointed.

Ricky was about 5'7" guy who looked like a super dork but was entirely a genius, he could have done something way better like a heart surgeon or a lawyer or just something way better than a paranormal hunter. Ricky had short brown hair that was always covered with a fedora, I can honestly say I've never seen him without it. Mike was darker looking than Ricky, he was about 5'9" and had long shaggy hair that came just past his shoulders, which was black and wavy. He was intellectual, but was leaning more toward the literature side of smarts compared to Ricky. Then there was Joe, he was the tallest out of all of them and probably the dumbest. He's always the bate in every plan they create. Joe was also the scariest looking compared to the other two, he had sleeves of tattoos which Mike and Ricky would never even think about getting one tattoo. They all were my only friends at the moment. No one was friends with me anymore. All of my other friends were rather dead or living an amazing life without me.

Ricky was standing in front of me in my doorway while Joe was to his right and Mike was to his left. Then I saw the guy behind Ricky and in between Joe and Mike, he wasn't just like me. He was stronger, but not a full vampire, a Young Blood. That's what we call Vampires who haven't fully charged yet. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I'm a vampire. I could feel Ricky, Joe and Mike's hearts beating with their blood rushing through their bodies, you might think that I wouldn't be able to control myself with them right in front of me.. but I've matured a lot. I said," What the fuck is wrong with you? You can't just bring him here!" 

"How did you know?"Ricky questioned.

"Oh get inside." I sighed. As they slowly walked in. The Young Blood was scared out of his mind, he left the impression on me as he walked through the door. That's one of the other traits us vampires have, we're almost psychic in a way. I stared at Young Blood and studied him for a minute before saying anything to Ricky. " I can't believe you had the guts to bring this kid here!" 

Ricky said," I had no choice, Charlie was onto him." I felt confused. 

" Why would Charlie have interest in him?" I said. 

" I want him dead." The Young Blood said as I kept examining him. He was extremely strong for a young blood. 

"So do I." I joked," But I'm not going to do it because I don't want to get involved in his lifestyle again."

Ricky explained," He wants to become human again." 

"How old is he?" I asked. 

"A month old." Mike chimed in just to seem like he was apart of this whole deal too.

I asked," Whats your name Young Blood?" 

He answered in a hushed tone as if he didn't really want to tell me. He was timid about it," Pete."

"Okay Pete, do you want to be human?" Pete nodded. "Do you want to kill Charlie more than become human? You can only pick one." Pete seemed to be unsure all of a sudden and finally made up his mind.

" I want to be human again." Pete confirmed.

" How are you this old?" he shook his head unknowing. I smiled," Okay then we should get started." Ricky looked concerned as I ran to my bookshelf. I looked through all of the books I had collected over the years of every ancient vampire book that has been made full of the truth and nothing but the truth. About five of these books were from Charlie, the rest of them were from friends I had had over the years. I finally found the book, its the only book that has a gigantic triangle on it. I opened it up as I sat down in my couch as Ricky, Joe, and Mike sat down on the couch across my coffee table, then I flipped through the pages to find the part about all of the requirements a vampire needs in order to become a human again. I read through it really fast, as I remembered what happened the last time Ricky brought me a vampire to train. I wouldn't let that happen again.

Ricky got impatient," Are you gonna start?"

I replied," I just have to do one thing before we get started. I don't want what happened last time to happen again."

Pete asked," What happened last time?"

Joe replied," We had to kill the vampire."

Ricky said," It wont happen again because he's a Young Blood and not a full vampire."

I started biting my lip because I knew what would prove if Pete was strong enough to actually control myself. I rolled up my sleeve, and said," Pete... Bite my arm." He looked at me like I was crazy," just do it." I said. He opened his mouth and I saw he didn't even know how to suck in his teeth so they wouldn't show. He was very uncomfortable, I put my arm up as Ricky, Mike, and Joe were leaning in closely watching as Pete slowly bit into my arm. I waited about a minute as he was biting my arm and I said," Okay.. now try and let go." Pete struggled to take his teeth out of my arm, as I watched him struggle it did hurt. I can't feel anything but pain now. I smirked because I knew I wouldn't have to deal with Pete if he couldn't let go, it meant that he wasn't able to be taught.

Ricky said," Arianna, let him go! You tricked us!" I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't trick anyone, its a simple test." I replied. Then miraculously Pete let go! In an instant he let go of my arm which not many young bloods could do. My eyes widened, Pete was out of breath. " We start tomorrow," I started explaining,"  you guys can stay in the guest rooms."

Ricky quietly said," There are only three rooms Arii." I bit my lip again. Normally my mentors would stay in my room... but I didn't have an extra bed anymore.

Pete said," I could sleep on the couch."

I shook my head," Its okay, I'll sleep on the couch. You can sleep in my bed, since I don't really sleep anymore anyway."  vampire's sleep, but they don't dream. Like we don't really need to sleep but it's almost like evolution where we just sleep for entertainment. I just haven't been sleeping lately. So Joe being the dumb ass he is just walked into a guest room and claimed it was his. Then dumbly Mike and Ricky did the exactly that same thing. " Come on Pete I'll show you my room." I walked through the hall way and took the first turn which was my room, walking into the creme colored room with my black spread sheet bed being the most promenaded thing in the room. " So if ya need anything you can just call me from the couch." He nodded and slowly sat down on the bed. He was staring at me as I walked into the bathroom to get into my comfortable clothes. I come out as he's still looking at me. 

He said," Your a vampire?" I nodded. He continued questioning me," How do you know Charlie?" 

I explained," You really want to know my whole story?" He nodded. " Charlie is the oldest vampire alive and the only one who actually is able to create vampires. The only memory I have of being human is walking down a dark ally in the middle of the night, and seeing Charlie. Then he bit me, I blanked out. The next thing I remember was that Charlie and three of his friends were behind me following Charlie going to a city. We went around to cities as I would kill everyone inside of them. Charlie manipulated me and played me like a violin until I saw him change someone into a vampire... then I ran away. It turned into a big mess because I thought he loved me but really he just liked my power. I couldn't really control myself when I first started out in the real world alone because I was taught to kill everything that I had ever known, thanks to Charlie." Pete was starring at me. 

Pete said," I just hate Charlie because he created me into this monster." everything was silent around the entire house. I was weirdly open toward Pete. It wasn't because he was a vampire too. It was something entirely different.