Chapter 24: Horace and Bora

Start from the beginning

Horace: "Yea, you can have it... Well, it was good to see you again Cap."

You: "Likewise."

Bora: "It was nice to talk with you again M/n. Goodbye." She says as the two walk off.

You: "Yea, I'll see ya around." I say, as I begin walking back to the town. I arrive back at the town, and walk by the house the little girl brought me too. I see her and an older woman playing in the yard, and a young woman sitting on the swing with a young man, and an older man watching over them. I smile at the reunited family. I put on my sunglasses and coat, then sling my pack over my shoulder and walk away. Knowing these people are safe. It's time for the next stop. Magnolia. I have a feeling a certain time telling machine is back on the market. Dila was tasked with protecting information on its whereabouts... And I'm sure she refused to tell them, hardheaded as always... I really hope he wasn't involved in her death, that one has caused me enough trouble as Captain already. The Lion of the Fateful Five...

???: Lion Cross: ???/???

I was about to leave when I feel a tug on my coat. I look back and see the little girl there again.

You: "Hey Clare, everything alright?" She nods, she had a crazy smile on her face.

Clare: "Come On! Mommy Wants to talk to you!" What? She drags me back around the corner into her yard again. "I got him Mommy!" Then a woman walks out from the house.

Woman: "Ah, there you are. I would like to thank you for what you did back there. It takes a truly brave person to do what you did. I know both my daughters are thankful as well." I look over at the young man and woman on the swing, and notice she was... pregnant? They took a... I calm myself down before it gets out of hand. I turn back to her mom and smile.

You: "No problem, that was my job." I say, I was about to turn around but she grabs my coat. "Hm? Is something wrong Miss?" She shakes her head.

Woman: "I completely forgot to pay you. I'm sorry, let me go grab what we have right now, I'll send the rest lat-" I grab her shoulder as she starts to walk off.

You: "No, that won't be necessary. I only take money from the jobs that people want me to do. If you hire me because somebody's life was in danger, then you brought me here because you had no other choice. I don't take money when that is the situation." She looks up to me, although she seemed very curious.

Woman: "What's your name child?"

You: "M/n. M/n L/n."

Woman: "Holly, Holly McJade. Now, if you won't except money, maybe there is something else I could do for you." I shake my head.

You: "Nope, it was nice to meet you though Mrs. Mcjade." I turn around to walk away, but feel her tap my shoulder once I reach the bottom of the porch. I turn around, as she leans in and kisses my forehead.

Holly: "Thank you M/n... I know your family would be very proud of you, wherever they may be..." I nod, then walk away in a daze... I had forgotten what it felt like to have a mother...

I arrive back in Magnolia late that night a head straight home, I take a shower, then flop down into bed. I decide I should try to get some sleep, even though it most likely won't happen... I wake up in a cold sweat... Clock... What the hell? Why did that clock freak me out so much? I throw off the covers and get dressed, it was roughly 7 AM so I decided to head to the gym before going to the guild. When I get there though, I see 4 guys each using a different rack, yet they all had the same weight on. Great... Jocks... I sigh and walk up to them.

You: "Hey guys, could I use one of these please?" They all look to me, then at each other. They all burst out laughing at me, I raise a brow and look between them. "What's so funny?" Then the biggest one walks up to me.

Man: "Tell ya what, if you can bench more than me, I'll let you use all 4 for yourself." Hehe... I could feel myself smiling mischievously now. They have no idea...

You: "Ok, deal, what shall we start with?"

Man: "Think you can do 225 little man?" Little, ok, I may not be as bulked as before but I definitely am not little. I nod and walk by them over to his bench, then wink at him before doing it easily.

You: "Didn't even need to stretch."

Man: "Fine, then let's just skip the warm up and go right into the real weight. 275 now." He lies down and does it, although I could see him struggle for a second. Once he does it though he jumps up and starts screaming with the others. I roll my eyes and lie down, then do it again, I had to try a little this time, but still relatively easy. "Hm, you're stronger than I thought. Let's try 315 next." This time he really struggles, but still manages to do it, and yet again, he begins screaming about it with the others. I sigh and lie down, I had to try a bit harder this time, but still, I didn't show any signs of struggle. "Fine. 355 now." Really? He thinks he can do that? He barely got 315 though... I sit back and watch as he fails miserably at it. I yawn as I walk up. I lie down and do it, although I was having to actually try now. "What? You're cheating! Those aren't your gains bro! You cheat yourself by taking roids bro!" Yea, says the hulking and raging monster over there. I put on what I used to do, 515. I would be surprised if I could still do this more than once though, I haven't actually lifted in a long time. I slowly go down, then push with everything I have, and barely get it up.

You: "Eh, I haven't fallen off that bad from before I got these rings. I could do that what? 4 times, maybe 5?" I shrug it off and decide to go for a run around town next. Although it was a solid 95 degrees at 8 AM right now... I throw my shirt in a locker before I leave and begin jogging around town. Magnolia was actually a fairly beautiful city, lots of flowers and parks throughout it, along with being right on the ocean. I continue to take in the scenery as I run around. Eventually I decide to head back to the gym, I quickly shower there, then head off to the guild. Man, I hate running. When I get to the guild I walk up to the bar and order a big breakfast from Mira.

Mira: "Where have you been Mister?" She says pointing a finger at me.

You: "I had to go save a ton of women trapped in cages underground that were going to be sold." She blinks a few times before nodding slowly.

Mira: "So you saved all of them then?" I nod and begin eating. "Were any of them cute?" She asks me, raising a brow.

You: "Yup. Although none as beautiful as you or Erza." I say in between gulps of food. I look up as she had gone quiet, and see her, blushing? Heehee... "What? Does me calling you cute fluster you Miss Strauss?"

Mira: "What?! Oh, nothing." She says laughing slightly. "I'll go get you some more juice!" I chuckle and nod as she hurriedly walks off. I mean, I wasn't lying. Erza, Mira, Lucy, Cana, and in some ways, I guess Levy was pretty good looking too. Man, Fairy Tail really is stacked on women, there are a few others I know I'm forgetting too. Maybe I should- 'NO.' Aww... Come on Dragon... 'NO. You truly to love Erza, and I believe she loves you too. Do NOT. I repeat. Do NOT. Screw this up M/n.' I sigh but nod. Ok, you win, I guess I shouldn't take any risks with Erza, she's different than most girls... Plus, she's grade A in most departments. 'Stop Ranking Women! That's Wrong!' I groan and lean back. Fine fine, dumb Dragon. I'm a human you know, and it's been a few months now. I'm not used to this. 'Do you think I care M/n?' Of course you wouldn't, I'm sure you and Grandeeney were all over each other. 'This Is Not About Me!' I laugh when I hear the nervousness in his voice. 'Nobody has ever disrespected me like you.' Aw, come on Dragon. We're best buds. But seriously, I'm used to multiple times a week, it's a miracle I've lasted this far. 'You are such a pervert. I honestly don't know where I went wrong with you.' I shrug and finish the last bite of waffle. I dunno, guess that's just the way I am.