61

Quinn and Ruth sat down in the dining room together.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Quinn asked nervously.

"Noah." Ruth answered. "He's hardly ever home and when he is, I'm usually at work."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow and nodded slowly.

"I just figured you know him well, probably better than anyone else, even Finn maybe." Ruth went on. "And I wanted to know how he's doing. He's says everything's good, but I never know with him."

"He's good." Quinn promised. "He's not skipping class or throwing kids into dumpsters, his grades are improving, and he's much happier than he was last year."

"Good." Ruth sighed with relief. "And he's good to you?"

Quinn nodded. "He takes such good care of me and Beth."

"He's always felt like he has to take care of everybody." Ruth said, shaking her head. "He's been working since he was ten years old to help with Sarah."

Quinn bit her lip.

Ruth smiled. "You're good for him. That much I know."

"He's good for me, too." Quinn smiled back. "I know everyone thinks I'm kidding when I say that because of everything that happened last year, but no one has ever treated me as well as he does."

"I'm glad to hear that." Ruth stated. "I worry about him. He had to grow up with a bad father, and there are moments where I think he's becoming James."

"He's not." Quinn promised. "He would never do the things that James has done. I'm really proud of him."

Ruth smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Quinn."

Quinn raised her eyebrow, unsure why Ruth was thanking her and what she was thanking her for. "You're welcome."