~Chapter 10~

I stare back at Alex, shocked. Was he being serious? Was this just a trap? What I-

“I’m just kidding, Nerd.” He lets out a nervous chuckle. One I didn’t think existed in him. This boy was everything but nervous. Cocky, yes, nervous, no. “You should of seen your face, priceless!” He begins to laugh.

It wasn’t even that funny, with all the things boys- men- were capable of, as told by Antony, this was all but funny. I was scared.

“That's not funny!” I pout, watching him throw on some baggy shorts and climbing in bed, alongside me.

Alex stops laughing and the room floods with silence. I hate the silence we share, it always becomes awkward between us. I wanted to hear him laugh again, it helped the awkwardness and I.

Alex grips my wrist and pulls me so I laid at his shoulder.

“What are you thinking about?” He says so calmly, I shivered.

“Yo- I mean, our p-project,” at times like these, I wish I wasn't such a terrible liar. My poorly said sentence started out with the truth and ended with an awful lie.

Alex doesn’t respond immediately, instead he allows the silence to eat me up, again. The skin of my hand twitches in his hold. Why was he still holding onto me?

“Liar, liar.” He says under his breath.

I sigh, finally. I was happy to hear his steady voice cut through the air.

“I- I was thinking about you.” I admit, hoping I’d get an immediate reply.

I do. But not before having him turn on his side, facing me.

Our faces were inches apart, and I couldn't help but close my eyes. I was scared, but not in a frighten way. This was a good type of scared, an anticipating kind. This scared was one I’d choose any day. This scared was one I had never imagined.

Our breaths twisted into each other, we were so close. Through my closed eyelids, I knew his eyes were strained  on me, I didn't need eyes to know. I just did, but I didn’t hate it, nor liked it. I wanted him to say something, even do something.

Minutes later, my breath becomes lonely, and the hold on my wrist, gone. He was gone.

My eyes flew open, only to be flooded with darkness again. He turned the lights off.

“Can you stay?” Alex asks laying back down.

“Yes.”

My hand was again in his hold, but this time, he held my pinky, as if I had just made a promise. And in a way I did.

I never wanted to leave.

But I knew I had to, and at two in the morning, I had realized that.

Suddenly awakening with a jerk, I noticed that Alex still held onto a particular finger. He wakes after me at a slow pace.

“I must go,” I say as he grumbles something under his breath.

“I’ll drive.”