"Why are you rushing?" Nathan asked, slowing his pace so Glenn was pulling him along.

"Because they'll try to kill you," Glenn explained and Nathan laughed. "Nate, I'm serious".

"You're not," Nathan claimed, "but it's cute". They were at Nathan's car then and Glenn came to a stop, tugging on Nathan's wrist to urge him to go faster. "I think I can handle myself". Nathan removed his wrist from Glenn's grasp and leaned against his car instead of getting into it.

"There's two of them". Nathan's eyes flashed in amusement and his eyebrows raised for just a millisecond. "What are you doing? We should go."

"Taunting them," Nathan said, raising a hand to wave at someone behind him and Glenn turned to see his brothers in the doorway, standing side by side with their arms crossed over their chests. "Why don't they like me? They said they'd beat me up if I ever laid a finger on you".

"They say that to everyone," Glenn explained, hesitantly waving at his brothers before turning back to Nathan. "Can we go now?"

Nate was looking at him with a frown. "The cars not locked".

Glenn walked around the front and climbed into the passenger seat. It took a minute, but eventually Nathan joined him in the car. "What?" Glenn asked regarding the perplexed look on the other mans face.

"Ah- Nothing. Aren't your friends coming?"

"Yeah," Glenn confirmed. "But they're taking their own car".

"Do they not like me either?" Nathan asked and Glenn sighed.

"That's not it".

"Ahh". Nathan fell silent as he started the car, and they drove for a minute. "Why are your brothers like that?" Glenn didn't want to respond so he remained quiet. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want, but you can tell me anything Glenn".

"It's nothing". He turned his face away from the boy driving and looked out of the window. It was almost nine and then sun had long since set. "Ever since my first relationship ended they've been really worried about me getting hurt again. They just want to protect me".

Nathan took his time to respond. "You know what? I think you're lucky".

"Lucky?" Glenn snorted. "My psychotic brothers try to kill any boy who comes over. Once, last year, Lee Cartly and I were assigned partners on a science project that I ended up completing on my own because every time he came over to work on it my brothers would throw him out or threaten him".

"At least you have siblings," Nathan said. "I don't have anyone who cares about stuff like that. I go to a party with someone, and no one threatens to hurt them if they touch me. It's sweet".

"It's also really annoying," Glenn grumbled. "Sometimes I don't want to be the boy with the two brothers who will kill any romantic interest".

"Well, is there a romantic interest?" Nate asked, and Glenn turned his head quickly to regard Nathan, who had briefly look from the road to raise his eyebrows at him.

"Uh, no," Glenn said slowly. "Partially due to them I'm sure".

"I'm sure," Nathan responded and Glenn's eyebrows shot up. Before he could ask what that meant, the conversation was changed. "Alright, So we're parking on the other side of the block and we can slip through his neighbors yards. Every year we get busted and this is the fastest way to run form the police, trust me".

"You better be joking," Glenn said as Nathan pulled his car up to the curb. The look he gave Glenn then said otherwise. "Nathan Daily, I swear to god, if you get me arrested-"