Chapter 18 - I Need A Drink

Start from the beginning

Why here? Of all places, here? At the Golden Booty?

I approached the door of the older building and knocked. A bouncer opened the door and stared at me menacingly.

"Are you a dancer?"

"Uh, no. I'm here to meet-"

"If your not a dancer your not allowed in."

"But-"

"Goodbye Ma'am," He said with no emotion and closed the door in my face. I huffed and leaned against a wall, I guess I'll have to wait until they leave.

I was about to give up when I noticed two girls dressed in golden bikinis stroll into another entrance further down. If your not a dancer your not allowed in, the guard's voice echoed in my head and I got an idea.

Here goes nothing.

I snuck past the guard and pranced towards the further entrance and hid behind a big garbage dumpster. Leaning against the other side of it was a dancer taking a cigarette break. I quickly peeked over the corner to study her outfit and memorize the details. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the bikini, imagining it on myself. This time the tingle wasn't just in my hands, it spread throughout my entire body. When I looked down I was wearing an identical outfit to hers.

I stood up and walked towards the door trying to look as confident as possible when walking past the bouncer. I was about to reach the doorway when a hand gripped my shoulder and I felt the illusion glitch so I quickly threw his hand off me.

"Uh, sorry Ms," he apologized. "I just didn't recognize you."

"It's my first night," I lied.

"What's your name?" he said looking at a sheet of paper in his hands. Oh, shoot!

"Um, Wil-Willow Blake," I said and I mentally hit myself, why did I give him my real name?!

"What's your show name?"

My eyes widened, show name? "Um," I stuttered, what should I say? "Uhh,"

"You don't know?"

"Umm, how about you just think of one for me."

"Okay but you're not on this sheet Ms. Blake," He informed.

"I should be, check again," I demanded and snapped my fingers behind my back.

He looked over the page again then smiled at me, "Sorry about that, go ahead." Hqe motioned to the door.

I let out a relieving sigh and entered the building. It looked like I was in a dressing room of sorts, if I was going to pull this off I wouldn't be able to touch anything, and I had a bad feeling that I should not rely on the illusion. In the corner of the golden dressing room, there was a rack that held extra costumes. I picked out a pair and changed into them and the illusion dissipated. Also on the rack was a fluffy black fur coat, I slipped it on feeling uncomfortable in my skimpy costume.

To my left there was a table scattered with make-up products and a mirror. I noticed my reflection, I slowly lifted my fingers and grazed the small cut on my cheek. It didn't hurt anymore but it definitely wasn't a pretty slight. I concentrated on my reflection and I waved my hand over my cheek. When I lowered it, the scar was gone. I doubted I would've fit in here with that cut.

I scanned the dimly lit room, there were only two exits, the way I came in and one near a curtain. I strolled towards the curtain one and peeked through it. Infront was a stage with a pole and surrounding it were chairs and tables filled with men. My eyes landed on Joe, Barry, Cisco, Harry and Ralph in a booth at the back of the room.