Chapter 8

"Here they come!" Race yelled.
A slue of newsies then entered the seller.
It was a big night for the newsies, printing The Children's Crusade and what-not, but Race couldn't get his mind off Y/N still, dispute it have been three days since their last interaction. Race felt a hand being placed on his shoulder, it was Albert. "I know your still not over Y/N, but try ta focus on da now, please?"
"Right." Race mumbled getting back in track.
____________________
"You got your stuff?" Y/N's father asked.
"Yeah." Y/N sighed.
"Don't get so down in the dumps, this will benefit you."
Y/N sighed once more before the two stepped outside, only to find no one around, and I mean no one. "What's going on?" Y/N's father asked clearly noticing the lack of people.
"They did it." Y/N whispered.
"What?"
"The Newsies! They got their strike to launch." Y/N explained louder.
"Ok than, that doesn't really matter though we need to-"
"Which also means something else." Y/N interrupted.
"What?"
"That I need to listen to me!"
Y/N's father jumped back a little. "I need to do what I should have done from the start. Make my own decisions. My whole life it's always been what you want, other then letting me work, it's always been what you've thought was best for me."
"But this will be good for you. You'll be financially stable."
"I don't care about being financially stable!"
"But it's what's best for you."
"Look dad, I get where your coming from. But I have a job that doesn't exactly pay poorly. Plus you know as well as I do, that if I marry that boy all the way from London, well it'd be one damn rough relationship."
Y/N's father took a moment to process what his daughter said. He sighed. "I love you, never forget that. Okay?" Y/N's father said.
A smile spread across Y/N's face. She hugged her father. "Thank you."
Y/N then took off running to Newsies Square. Once she arrived she saw a bunch of celebrating boys. Y/N could feel her slightly water. Y/N then spotted Race and walked over to him. Y/N tapped Race on the shoulder, Race turned around in utter shock. "Y/N?"
"Hey."
"What are ya-"
"Long story, what matters is that I'm here and you won the strike."
Race smiled as he pick up Y/N by the waist and planting as kiss on her lips. After the two pulled away and Race put Y/N back on the ground they, along with the other newsies went back to the Lodging centre to celebrate by playing poker.
After the sun had started to set, Race walked
Y/N back her house but not before kissing her once more and saying. "I don't think I've ever been able ta say this, but youse da prettiest erster I've ever met."
"I'm a what?" Y/N asked.
Even after being around the newsboys for awhile, she had no idea what Race was trying to say.
"A erster."
Y/N still didn't quite get it. Race rolled his eyes.
"Ya fancy clam with da pearl inside."
Y/N chuckled. "Oh! A oyster. I'm so sorry Race."
Race let out a smirk. "I love you." He said.
"I love you two." Y/N said kissing Race's cheek.
"Night." Race said walking off.
Y/N stood at her doorstep smiling for awhile, thinking about how luckily she was to have a guy like Racetrack in her life. "Da prettiest erster, huh? I like it." Y/N blushed

A/N And done! It's been a slow process but I can finally focus on my Spot x Reader.
Thank you all for reading this, it means a lot.
The Author