7. Hanging out at the Rez

New chapter that is pretty chill, just Katie hanging with people and getting settled. Enjoy!!

Katie's POV
I must've fallen asleep on the car ride home because I woke up in my bed, well the guest bed that I'm staying in. I groan as I swing my legs to the side of the bed, wow I'm super sore and what am I wearing, I think to myself as I look down at the giant sweatshirt that goes down to my knees. Oh yeah. Running. Boys. Assault. More boys. Jacob. The memories of yesterday slammed into me one after another, but a few particular images stayed in my mind. The boys helping me, Jacob cleaning out my cuts, Jacob giving me the jacket I'm currently wearing, Jacobs carefree smile and laugh. Oh god. I've got way to many thoughts in my head right now, I shouldn't be thinking this early in the morning, especially about a boy.

I look at the clock it read 7:00am, I've got two hours to kill until I see Jacob. Oh god, just the thought of hanging out with him sent nerves, excitement and a strange sense of longing shooting through me. I start to scan the room for something to take my mind off him and my eyes snag on my running shoes. Yeah, cause that went great last time. Well it's either running into potential danger, or the danger of being alone with my thoughts. Screw it, I think as I hop off the bed and change into my running gear. I run down the stairs and Bella is still asleep so I scribble a note for her: Hey Bells, going for a run, back soon, yes I'll be fine, no you don't need to worry. Love ya!
Then I hurtled out the door and into the mist chilled morning.

Five minutes into the run, I was cruising along at my warmup pace and my thoughts kept drifting to yesterday, the boys, and Jacob. "Ugg!" I yell into the green forest, veer off the trail and sprint away. As it turns out jumping and dodging branching and roots at a full sprint does wonders for taking a hormonal mind off boys for a while. After about 20 minuets of that grueling pace I jog slowly up to the front door and shake my legs out as I walk inside. My mind blissfully empty and riding the runners high. (BTW, I actually do run and the runners high is the BEST. Your mind is empty and your body is sorta tingling. Sorry I digressed.) I walk into the kitchen and see Bella cooking eggs and fumbling around. I step behind her and say "Anything I can do to help?" She jumps a foot in the air and says "Jeez! Katie you scared the crap out of me!" I laugh at her and glance around the kitchen at the massive plate of eggs, toast, and bacon piled up. "Hungry?" I say with laughter in my voice. She gives me a knowing look and says "I'm not, but you probably are." I smirk as I grab and scarf down a piece of toast and two slices of bacon. "You thief!" Bella squawked at me. "Get out! No food for you until you shower!" I groan but trudge my way upstairs and zip through the shower because despite the toast and bacon, I'm ravenous. Which is strange for me. I normally eat more than the average person, but ever since I moved, I've been eating a lot more. I step out of the shower and dress in jeans and a gray short sleeved shirt and a maroon jacket (courtesy of Bella). I towel off my hair and sprint downstairs and into the kitchen, my stomach grumbling. Bella just laughed at me and gave me the food. As I ate, she told me what she was going to do today (visit Edward). Then asked "What will you be doing? I can come back and we can watch a movie or something." I answered after taking a long sip of water and said "Have fun, and I don't know when I'll be back, I'm actually hanging out with Jacob today. He should be here in..." I clicked my phone to display the time and finished saying "about 15 minuets" Bella looked shocked but then a crooked grin spread over her face, which alarmed me immediately. "What? Why are you making that face?" I asked Bella. She just smirked and sang "Katie and Jacob sitting in a tree K I S S I" She was cut off by me saying "For someone who is 17 you act surprisingly like a 8 year old. And please Bella I've barely known the guy for a full day." Even though I was objecting a blush was creeping over me cheeks, turning my face bright red. She sighed good naturally and held up her hands in defeat. But then smiled and said "He's a good guy Katie. If I were you I would trust your instincts." Outside an engine revved down the street, I stood up suddenly, put my dishes in the sink, and gave Bella a quick kiss on the cheek saying "That's probably Jacob, see ya later Bell." She hugged me back and said "Have fun Katie!" Just as a knock sounded at the door. I went to open it but Bella beat me to it and threw it open, revealing Jacob.