my life pretty much sucked — i never got to finish high school because my uncle got locked up. so i had to quit school to support my mom's medical bills, but it all went to waste when she killed herself 3 years ago.

by then, it was too late to go back to school so i stayed dependent on my job but i soon realized that it wasn't enough to support myself and pay off all of our debts so i decided to go the easy way, the way that my uncle had gone — stealing.

present day -

"where the hell have you been."

i live in a small secluded apartment with my best friend and partner in crime - jungkook. he has always been there for me and has always supported me but lately he'd been staying out late, canceling my plans to go on another heist.

"care to explain why you're coming home at 2 am??" i said sternly trying to scold the younger walking through the door.

he jumped in surprise seeing me sitting in the dark. "hhhheeeeeeyyyyyyy!" he said trying to ease up the tension.

when i didn't respond with a smile, he nervously laughed, letting his smile droop a little bit as he said, "i'm sorta um... seeing someone.. so that's why i haven't really been home."

i frowned at him, then why couldn't he tell me?

"then why didn't you just tell me? why do you have to sneak out?"

jungkook looked down at his feet, fumbling with his hands nervously, "well...imsortaseeingthisguynamed
taehyungandhe'snotreallyintothefactthatirobhouses
withyouandiwannastopstealingandturnoveranew
leafandbeagoodboyfriendforhim."

"kook, talk slower i cant understand what the fuck you're saying." he took a deep breath and said, "i'm moving out hyung... i'll still be here for you but i don't wanna pull crimes with you. its too risky and i almost got caught a couple of weeks ago... i don't want to leave taehyung. i sorta love him too much to stand being apart from him if i went to jail."

i nodded, thinking over what he had said, "whatever, pack up your stuff and don't be here when i wake up."

i was angry and mad that he was leaving me to go be with someone that probably didn't even care about him.

what's the point in loving someone if they're just going to leave you someday?

i felt bad that i pushed him off the way i did, but i was too tired to deal with him and i promised myself that i would fix things later.

jungkook tried to talk to me but i walked away and slammed the door to my bedroom shut.

i tried to fall asleep but my insistent insomnia consumed me and i laid awake thinking about what would happen now that jungkook was leaving. i decided to forget about being upset for no reason and turned on my computer to waste time scrolling around.

ping! i saw a notification pop up on my phone from my other partner jimin, "hey i found a house, take a look at the link."

i popped open the link — the link contained files of a house that was classy and seemed to ooze wealth.

perfect, i thought, thinking about ways i could break in just by looking at the pictures.

"i think the owner's on vacation so you can pull the heist yourself, i'm kinda busy atm."

feeling satisfied with the news from jimin, i laid down and fell fast asleep thinking of my next heist.

the next morning jungkook was gone, along with most of his stuff. i didn't realize it but, jungkook never had much of his stuff scattered around anyways. he kept most of his belongings neatly piled together and it seemed like he was ready to leave at any moment.