Chapter 10: See You In Your Nightmares

Start from the beginning

It was Katherine, and she was about to kiss his best friend. At the last minute, she looked over, noticing him.

He was ready for her to start explaining herself and apologizing, but she started laughing, followed by Blaise's laugh.

"What is going on?" Draco asked, looking at both of them.

"I love him, Draco. Didn't you know?" Katherine tilted her head to the side, smiling at him sweetly.

"We're engaged," Blaise smiled proudly, snaking his hands around her waist. "You're happy for us, right?"

Draco was lost, he couldn't believe what was happening. He felt his eyes watering as the seconds passed.

"I want you to be my best man, Draco."

He stared at Kat, who was smiling up at Blaise – his best friend – like he was her everything.

Draco had to put a hand over his stomach. He thought he was going to throw up, but nothing came out. What was that feeling, then?

"Oh, Draco..." Kat smiled.

"Draco," Blaise looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

•••

"Draco!"

His eyes flew open, not knowing what was going on at first.

"Are you alright?"

He noticed that Katherine was straddling him, her hands cupping his face as she was trying to wake him up. Draco nodded slowly, still processing what happened.

His eyes wandered over her body on top of his, and he liked what he was seeing. He put his hands on her hips, which caused Kat to start blushing immediately.

"Oh, sorry, I was just... You didn't want to wake up, I didn't know what to do, and –"

Draco flipped them over and Katherine stopped talking, surprised by his actions.

"Thanks," was all he said.

"You're welcome," she smiled up at him.

With a smile on his lips, he got up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom to get ready for the day.

***

"Was he having a nightmare?"

Annie and Kat were heading to the Great Hall since breakfast was about to begin.

"I think so," she shrugged. "I didn't ask, so I'm not sure, but he didn't seem like he was having a good time."

"Poor guy," Annie sighed.

They went inside, then they sat down at the Hufflepuff table. Mary and Tony were already there.

"... and I was like what? Why are you so confident about beating us? And then he started going off about how their team was basically unbeatable, which is totally fake news if you ask me - Oh, hi girls!" Mary finally noticed them.

"Morning," Annie giggled.

"Are you talking about Quidditch?" Kat asked, smiling at them.

"Yes," Tony nodded.

"I just can't believe him sometimes!" Mary sighed. "And then guess what he said! Come on, guess!" She nudged Tony.

"Did he-"

"He said he was a better Chaser than me! The nerve of that boy, I swear!"

Tony just smiled, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"Don't you worry, we're going to beat them like they've never been beaten before!"

"You're going to beat them up?" Annie's eyes widened.

"No," Tony shook his head.

"I mean, we might –"

"Mary!" Katherine narrowed her eyes, then she turned to Annie. "They meant that they're going to beat them at the Quidditch game on Friday."

"What? There's a game on Friday? Why didn't I know about this?"

"Well, you spend a lot of your time with Chase, so that might be the reason why," Tony grinned.

"Oh, shut it! You and Pansy are basically attached now."

"We're not."

"Are."

"Not."

"Are."

***

After classes, Katherine decided to go outside and take a walk by the Black Lake. On her way there, she noticed two familiar guys, who seemed to notice her as well.

"Hello, Sunshine," Blaise greeted her with a hug, which she returned.

"Hi."

A weird feeling started growing in Draco's stomach, he felt like this happened before and he wanted to stop it, whatever it was.

When they pulled apart, Draco went to stand behind her and snaked his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

Blaise raised his eyebrows at him, but he broke out in a smile.

"What are you up to, Kat?" He asked the blushing Hufflepuff.

"Oh, I was just going to take a walk," she shrugged.

"Great," Draco tightened his grip on her. "I'll come with you, Blaise was about to leave anyway."

"Right," Blaise nodded slowly. "I'll see you both later, I guess."

"Bye, Blaise," Katherine waved to him.

"Yes, bye, Blaise," Draco said in a demanding tone.

His friend chuckled, waving at them, then he made his way back inside the castle.