Twenty-four

"This is going to be so fun!" I gush, already bouncing on my seat as I grip my seat belt, eyes glancing over the window to see where we might be. "Where are we going?"

Alan chuckles, a hand setting on my knee and that alone is enough to glue me right back to my seat, heart thumping wildly against my chest at the small contact. "It's still a surprise, Kells." He says and I cross my arms in front of me. I'm surprised that Alan haven't gotten mad or annoyed yet, I probably asked the same question more than ten times in the past twenty minutes. "We're here, though."

"Oh, we are?" I excitedly say as he removes his hand from me, leaving an imaginary warm patch on my skin. "Where are we, exactly?" I ask, unbuckling myself as I didn't notice Alan already out of the truck, jogging to my side and opening the door for me. "Thank you." I mumble, kissing his cheek, both of us blushing like crazy.

"Hm, what do you think?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders as we walk over to a white, rusting barrier type thing and I notice that inside, there are quite a lot of people. From here, I could see colorful blaring lights and a lot of stuff moving around in circles, ginormous stuffed toys hanging from some stalls and a handful of people walking around with huge, fluffy cotton candies in hand.

"Were at the fair?!" I ask, voice at a high volume, a few parents giving me the stink eye but I didn't pay them too much of my mind because I'm excited as heck! I've never been to the fair before! I've never even been to a ride before, ohmygosh!

"Yes, we're at the fair." He chuckles, thumb caressing my knuckles as we hold hands. His hand is always so warm, but never uncomfortable. His hands are rougher than mine and he said it's because of washing too much dishes in the diner and that he also used to play the guitar.

I jump in excitement, Alan buying these tickets for us and once the girl behind the counter gave us the nod, we're in the fair! My eyes wander around in pure astonishment because there's literally so much to look at. There are a lot of people, a lot of moving and idle rides, food stalls, a lot of games and rides - you name it. "Oh no, those are the cutest." I gush, running over a crane machine with stuffed turtles inside. They're all arranged in a manner that they're looking at me through the glass, as if calling for my attention and begging for me to go get them.

"You wanna try?" Alan asks, looking through the glass and back to me.

I nod, pouting a little. "But I don't know how to make that work."

"I'll teach you, then." He says, smiling brightly at me and so, teach me, he did. We spent a few couple of coins with me frustratingly trying to snag one of those cute little toys but to no avail.

I grumble. "I don't want to try it anymore. I wasted so much of your money." I say, holding onto Alan's arm as I let go of this controller thing completely.

"Wait, let me try one time." He says and I let him be, not even ten seconds had gone by, and the machine made this rustling noise, indicating that Alan successfully got one! "Here you go." He says, handing me the fluffy green toy.

I smack his arm, clearly shocked. "How- you're so good at that!" I argue and he just laughs at me, shaking his head. I hug the green turtle to my chest, admiring its big, blue eyes. It's so cute and I think I'm gonna name him Tony just because he reminds me of Mr. Perry.

"Well, I kinda worked in here couple of months ago." He says with a chuckle, nodding to one employee as the guy waved at Alan.

"You did?"

"Yeah. I had to earn some sort of money and so, I ended up here." He tells me as we walk around a little. "D'you want to ride the Ferris wheel?" He queries, eyes glimmering under the colorful lights of the rides, I, on the other hand, got way too excited because of the idea. I nod eagerly and we head over to the long line, waiting for our cue to jump in to the cart thing of the massive ferris wheel. Oh my gosh this is going to be so fun! We are going to be so high up in the sky and it's going to be very pretty up there, I bet. Good thing it isn't raining.