Ten

I woke up feeling so excited and giddy already - considering that it's just six in the morning and that I actually woke up before my alarm even got the chance to annoy the frick out of me.

Honestly, I feel so much better already and I know that I'm ready for another day of dreadful equations with Mr. Perry but that's okay, because I know for sure that I'll be able to go to church this afternoon and see Vic. Oh gosh, it would sound so weird but I already miss him. I just want to see him and talk some more.

I took a bath and dressed up nice for today. I don't know, I just felt like being cute today. With an extra bounce in my step, I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Surprisingly, my dad isn't in the dining area, waiting for me like usual. "Steph, where's dad?" I ask the girl who's busily scrubbing on the counter tops, her back previously turned to me.

She looks at me oddly, eyebrows meeting together to form a straight line. "He usually sleeps in until around eight." She says as if it were obvious, glancing down on her black wristwatch. And wow, did I actually forgot that it's Saturday today? Weekends mean I don't have classes with Mr. Perry, my dad doesn't have to go too early for work, and I don't have to go to church today.

"Oh my gosh, I hate me." I grumble, dragging my usual chair, slumping down on it like the actual child that I am, arms crossed on the table in front of me and face-planting on them. I am excited for today, thinking that I'd get to hangout and see Vic but, alas, I am too sick to even keep track of what day it is today.

Stephanie chuckles before asking, "How are you? Feel better?" A soft hand rests on my forehead as she tries to feel my temperature just through the simple gesture, making me giggle. Stephanie is definitely the older sister that I've always dreamed of having. I could go to her and ask her anything and she'll readily give me any sort of advice - biased or not.

"Mm hm." I nodded my head enthusiastically, standing up and going through the cupboard, picking up a box of cereal and pulling out two bowls and spoons, going over to the fridge to grab a carton of milk. "So much better, actually!"

"Ah, really?" I hear her giggle as she's just standing by the table, looking at me all amused and smiley, making me quirk my head to the side, a pout forming on my lips.

"Yeah. Why are you all smiley like that?" I ask, dragging the chair beside me, silently telling her to join me. Without a second thought, she smiles and sits down next to me.

"Oh, no reason." She smiles and I hand her the cereals, pouring milk in mine. "Just thought that maybe it has something to do with that boy from yesterday." She shrugs, making me cough as soon as I shoved a mouthful of the sugary breakfast in my mouth, almost making me disgustingly sputter the cold liquid out. Ew, oh gosh. That would have been so ew.

My eyes are probably as wide as saucers, the caught-off-guard expression making Stephanie laugh gracefully. "It's definitely not because of him! I think.." I mumbled the last part, purposefully shoving another mouthful of food in my mouth just so that I could somehow make it seem like I did not just doubt myself on the spot. The past week, I've come to realize how confusing having a crush on someone is. I spend most of my time thinking of Vic and these little things that he says and stuff that he do. Honestly, ninety-eight percent of these things make me either blush, giggle, smile, and feel excited. The other two percent? Pure frustration. I can't help but feel frustrated whenever he switches back to being this rude church boy that I first spoke to a week ago.

"He's a cute kid. D'you like him?" Stephanie presses on, ultimately making me blush - by this time, there's no surprise to that anymore. Just the idea of Vic, himself, could make me blush.

I shrug my shoulders, frowning a little. "Is having a crush the same as liking someone?"

"Hm, I think so. Having a crush on someone means admiring them and when you admire someone, it means that you like them in a way - so yes, I think you could say that they're the same." She says and I continue munching on my breakfast, very thoughtful of her explanation. I thought having a crush and liking someone are two different things, but I guess they are the same after all. So, that means that I do like Vic, huh?