Chapter One: The Human Born Underground.

It was a somewhat peaceful day as the boss monster Toriel was making her daily rounds through the ruins that she had made her home. She checked on the other monsters throughout the ruins to see how her subject's day has been. After all even though she had left her throne in order to protect humans, she had found that it didn't stop her duties as queen of the monsters, for she had found that the monsters within the ruins were in need most. With her presence Toriel made life in the ruins easier for her fellow monsters.

"Good morning." said the queen. "How is your new produce stand going so far?" She asked to the monster before her. The monster, a male Parsnik perked up upon taking notice of the queen. "Good your Highnesss, t-thank you for as-s-sking!" He said gleefully.

"Well that's good to hear." said Toriel. Toriel reached into her pocket and pulled out her coin bag. Placing down 3 gold coins and selecting a carrot for a quick snack. "I got to go towards the entrance of the ruins now. I'll be back if I end up with any guest." as the queen walked away the Parsnik spoke up with a smile. "If you find any humans bring them by, I'd love to meet another." "We'll see. Have a good day." Was Toriel's reply and with that Toriel made her way to see if any new human has fallen down.

Seventy years have passed since Toriel's love, King Asgore declared war on humanity in his anger and Toriel made her attempts to try and save any humans she could. Five humans had come and gone, five failed attempts to save them and keep Asgore from collecting their souls. Though a sixth human had willingly chosen to stay in the ruins, a teen girl with a pink ribbon tying her hair back who fell fifty years ago. She was the second, well technically third to fall during all these years and the only one who stayed. She unfortunately passed away two years ago. The other humans were too stubborn to listen to reason. One even proved to be violent. 'Hopefully the next human will be savable.' Thought Toriel.

Finishing off her snack while on her way to the entrance, Toriel greeted each monster she passed by, well except for Whimsun as to not scare them. After being joined by her guards, a Final Froggit and a Whimsalot, Toriel set the last puzzle behind her. That way if there was another human and they ended up as a threat the puzzles would slow them down long enough for innocent monsters to hide. As she entered the next room, Toriel could faintly hear someone calling out for help.

"Do you two hear that?" Toriel questioned her guards. "Yes we do, ma'am." Both guards answered together. "Woof, it sounds like someone in pain" States Final Froggit. "Could it be a human your highness?" Whimsalot wondered. Toriel made a hand motion to let her guards know to be quiet for a moment so they complied and Toriel closed her eyes and strained to listen and again like last time a very faint "...h-help..." could be heard up ahead.

"Come along you two, I think someone is in need of help but stay behind by a bit and stay hidden until I give the word! Understand?!" ordered Toriel. Standing at attention the two guards answer with a solid "Yes ma'am!"

As the three make their way forward sobs of pain and broken cries for help can be heard. "A-anyb-body ... h-help *sob* me..." Followed by a scream. Upon hearing this the trio pick up their pace and dash to the last room. As they round the corner the two guards take up a hiding spot as ordered while Toriel continues forward, determined to help.

Upon reaching the spot Toriel sees who was in need. A young woman with long dark brown hair, green eyes and in a blue and magenta dress. The human was covered in injuries, her dress torn and an injury on her head making it hard for her to see. Out of all of this there was one defining detail Toriel noticed about this human that concerned her most. The woman was pregnant and the trauma of her fall and whatever else had happened to her might've caused her to go into labor which would explain the occasional screams.