*New Version*Chapter.4*I Messed up*

He didn't raise his eyes to look at me, instead, he gently grabbed the boxes out of my hand and piled them up as he carried them. He was again wearing all black. His long tail black coat collars stood up to his goal-line instead of laying down. He was wearing black knee-breeches and black pantaloons. The shirt under his coat was white and having wrinkles like he didn't bother if it was nicely ironed.

"I can do this!" I mumbled to get his attention, but he silently started marching ahead of me.

What do I do now? If somebody saw a prince carrying my burden in his hands and me walking behind him like a Royal, I'll be dead.

I followed him in awkward silence, my body kept trembling as I scanned the surroundings. What if Madame Noela sees me?

"You will get me in trouble." I finally blurted out in stupidity. His steps halted suddenly, my body was about to bump on his back, but thankfully, I ceased before any bodily contact happened. I guess I didn't expect him to listen to me. This was quite unexpected of a Royal to pay attention to a worker.

I stood behind him as he stayed frozen for a minute before proceeding with his pace. I waited another minute, maybe he was slow-witted and will respond eventually but that never happened.

At this point, I gave up on hoping for any answer from him. I noticed how clean and shiny his hair was. Don't blame me for assuming he would be a gross fella due to the amount of beer he consumed every day.
He was always considered the one that should not be messed with as he had never interacted with anyone. This was new, him walking around and helping a worker like me, I don't know what his exact intentions were behind this sweet attire he had adapted, but I didn't question his actions for now.

Strangely, his body scent was extremely pleasant and freshening. I walked behind his tall figure silently and soon we reached the village.

The nervousness began to take over my body as the possibility of someone seeing us made itself known.

"I can take it from here," I hurriedly rushed in his way to block him from walking any further. I held the boxes and that's when our eyes met.

His dark brown eyes with long black eyelashes contained a spark of enchantment in them. I've never seen such a beautiful pair of eyes before. Though they were dazzling, they looked very sad, they seemed as he was drowning inside in his own thoughts. There was not only something about everything about him that was mysterious, a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

The thin chin and sharp jawline were giving him a very distinctive appearance along with his fuller naturally red lips.

He was extremely tall with a very exquisite physique. The thin waist almost made a v, the huge broad shoulders made him look very manly.

Though his body was covered in a black coat, one could still see his biceps popping out.

I then realized how long I've been staring at him.

"Thank you!" shaking my head to drift myself away from the enchantment the beauty of his face was entrapping me in, I uttered.

His face was very emotionless, almost like he wasn't even mentally here. After a few seconds of silence, he nodded while his eyes stuck in the space and put the boxes down to walk away from me.

That was weird! What just happened was peculiar for a Royal to conduct himself this pleasingly.

Now that he had made my job easy, I called for my brother to deliver these boxes to Kelly.

Everything was going well, with everyone working extremely hard and me wandering around making sure to make myself useful and failing at the same time as pleasing the royals were hard and I was new to this prep day.

"They have sent such a pretty decor while our Royals are so greedy," Kanika walked up to me to help me put up the Lanterns on the trees.

"These are beautiful; just admit you don't like them because they are morons." I had to roll my eyes at the reminder of bad they treat us, villagers.

The whole concept of the poor being enslaved was beyond my understanding.

"Kanika, if I tell you a secret would you keep it?" I quickly scanned the area around to make sure the villagers were not eavesdropping and asked Kanika, who by this point knew something had happened.

"Please don't tell me it has anything to do with the Hunters?" she whispered in-breath, constantly looking around anxiously, "or any Royals," she added once she didn't get a hint from my bland reaction.

"So, you don't want to hear it out?" I straightened my back and folded my arms across my chest, watching her face in disbelief.

The moment she gasped and stepped back, I knew she was preparing a lecture in her mind.

"Listen, I didn't do anything, he cam---" before she could start with her random babble like everyone around, I immediately chimed in, only to be shut down by her again.

"Him? Who him? Which him?" she held my hands quickly in her hands and stared into my eyes, her white face went pale in no time, "Please tell me you are lying!" okay, she was now doing too much.

"KANIKA!" I shrugged my hand out from between her palms and raised my voice in a grunt in annoyance. My posture was evident enough to make her acknowledge I was annoyed by her repetitive wailing.

"He helped me!" my announcement set her back, she tilted her head slightly enough to watch my face without blinking her eyes. "Prince Warrick helped me." I bent down, clutching my hands together In front of my body to bow before the imaginary royal prince in front of me.

I straightened my back again and waited for her response, her eyes widened, and her jaw-dropping onto the floor wasn't the reaction I expected.

I then realized, she wasn't even looking at me. Following her stare, I turned my face around, and to my surprise, stood DeShawn, my elder brother, behind me.

"You who***!" I didn't get a chance to react when he rushed at me and slapped me across my face, hard enough to knock me down onto the side.

Shame how I wanted to prevent anyone from hearing and my brother was the one assassinating my character in the presence of everyone.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, GET US IN TROUBLE?" I squeezed myself even closer when his grunted loud voice turned louder, indicating he had approached me again. But this time, his hand didn't touch me.

A/N:

Q: Your thoughts on this chap?

Q: Your thoughts on Prince Warrick helping her?

Q: Thoughts on Shanice's brother's behavior towards her?

Au Revoir.