Chapter Twenty-Eight: Fight like an Earp

Wynonna was a sight for sore eyes, and she imagined all those sore eyes came from Waverly, Nicole and Alice. At least Waverly looked relieved. Doc and Dolls stepped up too, ready to face revenants and the old one. Wynonna, if she was being honest—like she always was, wasn't impressed by the old one. He looked pretty weak to her. Then again, when she had shot at him, the bullet him but he didn't go back to Hell.

"Rude," Wynonna said.

Suddenly, the revenants were on the move again, circling them with bared teeth and glowing eyes. Wynonna and Alice were opposite of each other with the old one holding up shop in the middle. Dolls, dressed in his best military-grade weapons, stood next to Wynonna; on the other hand, Doc only needed his two pistols and some bullets. On Alice's side, Waverly stood in her sparkly but fashionable attire with Nicole's smaller gun; Nicole had a pretty dress on with her police gun out, and Alice barely recognized Officer Haught out of the uniform.

"You take him," Dolls called to Wynonna and Alice. "We'll hold back the revenants."

Wynonna smirked. "Give him all you got!"

Alice was concerned to turn her back on the scurrying revenants, but they promised they had them. The revenants didn't want to be shot. Even if normal gunshots didn't kill them, it was still going to hurt.

Putting on a determined face, Alice turned her attention to the old one. Wynonna was happy to have Alice right now because she needed the extra hand. It wasn't to say having Alice around didn't make Wynonna happy, but things had been weird. Wynonna wanted to work up to having a twenty year old; Alice falling out of the sky was weird.

Wynonna and Alice trained their Peacemakers; the guns buzzed, trying to pull away from each other. As the barrels burned orange, the Peacemakers calmed. Mother and daughter began their assault on the old one. With every pop of their gun, another bullet went straight through him. The revenants continued to screech, and Alice didn't like the sound. Wynonna took aim at the old one's head, but he moved to avoid them. Alice had gone for the legs.

"You're killing the revenants," Nicole yelled. "Every time you shoot him, another revenant dies."

Wynonna smiled. "More shooting it is."

Alice had the same thought as she reloaded Peacemaker.

The revenants around them started to decrease. Hell opened and swallowed them whole. There was a difference between the pained screeches when compared to their dying screams. Hell burned viciously and edged closer. With revenants dying left and right and Hell opening up, Waverly and Nicole were caught one small piece of pavement.

Dolls and Doc, on the other hand, stood on their own patches of land. They aimed their guns. "One more!" Dolls yelled.

Alice put Peacemaker to her side. "After you."

"I don't mind if I do." Wynonna put up Peacemaker, and the barrel glowed orange. That laughter from the old one was gone as Wynonna shot and struck him down. Hell became a gaping hole and sucked him underneath. Walking over, Wynonna inspected the land. "So, he was the one that was supposed to kill us. He seems pretty lame."

"I'm sure it would've been some spectacular if I hadn't come back from the future to warn you, and he had his chance to go through his evil plan, and then you guys died. I'm sure that would've been more entertaining. My apologies," Alice replied without malice.

Wynonna laughed. "How about a drink?"

Alice nodded.

"Um, no," Waverly said. "Alice needs to go back to the hospital and back to bed."

"Make me." Alice walked away, daring her aunt to do so.

Wynonna welcomed Waverly to try, but Auntie Waverly did not. Wynonna winked at her baby sister as they all walked to Shorty's.