Chapter 4

"Hurry up!" Damian ordered, rushing to grab supplies. The twins looked at him with raised brows. "Shut up." They said in sync.

Sam smiled, but listened to him. "Where's Callan?" Damian asked, still working on gathering all the supplied they would need.

"Umm..... don't know." Andrew answered, not looking up. Sam shrugged and Adrian just shook his head. "What the hell..... we're gonna be late." Damian said, shaking his head.

Amara and Zack came into the room with their bags packed as well. "Where's the squirt?" Zack asked, looking around. Damian sighed as he walked up the stairs. "I'll go get him."

"Callan!" Damian yelled, his patience running short. He heard a scuffle and smirked evilly. He went up to the noise and grabbed at the body that was hiding behind a chair.

I flinched when I was grabbed, but I knew I had already been defeated. "I don't wanna go camping!" I resisted, trying to pull away. Damian sighed as he dragged me to the living room. "You better pack." He said, making me grow annoyed.

"Why doesn't Dad have to go?" I asked, pretty jealous of him. Sam shook his head. "Dad's busy with other things, and he's not one for camping."

I glared at the group, knowing they just wanted me to come along so they could torture me. "I'm not going." I refused. The group ignored me and I smiled. "Alright bye." I walked off, but was grabbed once again.

It was Sam.

He gave me a smile that seemed more deadly than kind, like his usual one. "Go. Get. Ready." He said, his eyes gleaming.

I stared at him with fear. "Y-yes....." I said before running to my room. Sam didn't get mad often, but when he did, it became a nightmare.

I walked to my room and threw in some random things. Clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant.....

I pulled the backpack over my shoulder as I was off. I walked to the living room and sighed heavily as everyone pack their bags into the car. "This will be absolute hell." I predicted, sitting next to Zack, who was the least annoying.

Sam sat beside me, which I was happy for. If it were Adrian or Andrew, I wouldn't be able to rest or I would be a victim to their little pranks. And I would be ticked nonstop, since they knew how ticklish I was.

If it were Amara, I would be interrogated, or forced to tell her things she wanted to hear. And I was not open for that. I sighed heavily as I stared off. Why did we even need to go on this stupid trip? Oh yeah. Because we need the training.

I thumped my head against a seat as I grabbed my earbuds and stuffed them into my ears. "I hate my life." I muttered.

Damian got into the driver's seat and put on his seatbelt. "Alright baby. Let's get on the road!" He whooped. Everybody cheered, except for me, who sat with my arms crossed grumpily.

"Everybody get Callan to cheer with us!" Damian yelled, laughing. Everybody started poking, shoving, or slapping me all at the same time. I gritted my teeth as I glared at nothing in particular. This was absolute bullshit.

Damian started the car, and before I knew it, we left home. I sighed heavily and turned on the music so it was blasting through my ears. I stared out the window, bored out of my mind.

"Hey I know! Let's play a game!" Adrian suggested. The others agreed, but I wasn't going to play. I knew exactly what they were trying to do, and I wasn't falling for it.

"Hey, don't you wanna play?" Andrew asked, a knowing smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes. "Leave me alone."

Everybody in the van laughed, forcing me to zone them out. I hated road trips with these people.

----

My head shot up and I look all around me. Everybody was sleeping. I yawned and looked ahead, rolling my eyes when I saw Damian glancing at me through the review mirror. "Finally awake?" He said, smiling.

I ignored him and almost groaned when I realized that we were already in the forest.

Zack, who I didn't know was awake, smiled at me. "This is going to be fun." He said, making me clench my fists.

Damian parked and I jumped out. I had to claim a spot early, or Adrian and Andrew would pick the best spot. I grabbed my thing and flung them on a spot under a tree. Damian came up and threw one on my right, while Sam took the other side. Although they weren't my top pick, they were better than Adrian and Andrew.

Zack claimed a spot next to Damian, and Amara took the spot next to San, leaving the two annoying ones far away from me.

But I couldn't help but feel suffocated. But if a bear were to attack us, Amara would probably shoot it to death.

Amara was my knight in shining armor. Ever since I was young, she seemed like a mother. She always protected me from my brothers, and saved me a numerous amount of times.

I clicked my tongue when Damian threw us our tents. "Hurry up!" Damian said, shaking his head at me when I couldn't open up the case.

When I finally opened it, I smiled when I saw it was a black tent. The black one was the best at keeping light out, so I could stay in the dark while everyone else did boring things and probably get skin cancer.

"Hey! How come Callan gets the cool tent!" Adrian yelled, making me glare at him. "Shut up! You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!"

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms like a child. "That's stupid."

"You're stupid."

"Damian! Callan called me stupid!" Adrian screamed. I threw a pine cone at him, irritated at his childish behavior.

He glared at me and ran at me, making me scream before making a run for it. "Leave me alone!" I yelled, feeling my heart beat loudly.

Oh no.

I dropped to my knees as my heart ached. I wasn't supposed to move around too much, but since I was fine for three months, I assumed it was fine.

But I guess not.

My breathing became fast, and the world around me became blurry. I focused on making the pain go away, but it became overwhelming. Andrew ran to my side, alerted. "What is it?!" He asked, a worried look on his face.

I gripped his shirt, hoping he could get some help, but the words wouldn't escape my mouth. He pulled away from my grip and ran back to the campsite, probably to grab someone.

He came back with the entire group, much to my surprise. Damian ran over and lifted me up. "What's the matter?" He asked, trying to get me to breathe. I pointed at my heart, and he automatically understood.

Sam walked over and helped me by rubbing my back, which made me calm down.

The pain slowly went away and I slumped down, onto Sam's shoulder. He helped lift me and Damian carried me to his tent, which was set up, unlike mine and Adrian's.

I was set down, and I closed my eyes, the anxiety I once had was now boiling down, as I rested, hoping it wouldn't reappear once I woke up.