Chapter 6: No Turning Back.

Start from the beginning

Running into the bathroom, slamming the door with a loud bang I reached into my back pocket and searched for Lily's name in my contacts.

Come on pick up please, it's not like I'm in a life and death situation right now.

After a few more rings she finally picks up,"Yellow."

"Right, Lil I need you to come to Starbucks right now, but climb through the bathroom window. I will open it for you. You need to come now though."

"Well hello Lily, it's so nice to hear your voice. How have you been today since I haven't seen you all day."

I huffed, "Come on I don't have time for this, you need to be here now."

"But I've just made some chicken nuggets," I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"I'll buy you more, just come on."

"Fine, why do you want me there anyway?"

She could be here by now if she didn't ask so many god damn questions.

"Move it Lily." I replied a bit louder this time becoming aggravated.

"Alright chill, I'm coming now." I just hung up the phone leaning my forehead against the wall.

There are probably thousands of germs settling on my forehead right now but I'm just too tired to care. 

How did I end up in this situation? I don't think I'm cut out for a deal like this but on the other hand, I can't let my brother down. Also part of me doesn't want to let them, three boys, out there down.

After a few minutes, there was a tap at the window, I quickly walked over and slid the window open to let Lily in. I tried helping her down but as clumsy as she is, she managed to find a way to fall down and drag me with her. Landing on my back against the cold tiles and yelped in shock.

"Bloody hell Lil, I think you made me bleed."

She lifted her head up and gave me a playful wink, "Well this is cozy," pushing her off me whilst she laughed quietly and muttered at how easy I am to wind up, I stood up and rubbed the back of my head. 

Well, that's going to hurt later.

Without wasting any more time I wrapped my hand around hers and pulled her out of the bathroom to see Jace pinning Mason up against the wall.

He had both of his hands gripped onto his collar, I could practically see the steam come out of his ears.

"Jace."

After he heard my voice, he looked over and the anger instantly disappeared and was replaced by an emotion I couldn't really recognize.

Whatever happened here must have really annoyed him as he isn't one to lash out so easily. He's usually calm and collected. 

I stepped forward until I made it to both of them, slowly placing my hand over his.

"Let go of him Jace, I need to speak to him," I calmly spoke.

A few seconds passed and he finally let go of Mason, but not forgetting to give him one last push against the wall.

"Hasta la próxima vez dick." (Until next time dick)

He muttered in what I am assuming is Spanish, that made him sound so attractive. Then he just left the shop without even looking back at any of us.

I really need to ask the three of them what happened whilst I was gone.

"Well thanks for letting me know Hope, I'll make sure to tell Caleb you will be over later to start on your English project," Clearing my thoughts I saw West and Callum stand up and walk towards the door. 

"What?" I said a bit too quiet.

"Caleb told me you had a project to work on together, thanks for telling me where you live. I'll make sure he knows so he can pick you up later."

He gave me a quick wink when Mason turned to look at me, then they both walked out of the shop and towards the car. Lily came over and gave me a questionable look. 

"Why did you tell me to climb through the window..."

"Lily, shut up."

We both eyed each other, hoping she would take the hint to not say anything in front of Mason. She might kill me later though for dragging her away to meet me at the coffee shop for practically no reason.

"Right well I'm just gonna go, I have a date with the tv and some chicken," She glanced between me and Mason before sighing.

"I'll speak to you later okay," after giving me a quick hug she also left.

Looks like it's just me and him now seen as the shop is practically empty and Rose must have left whilst I was in the bathroom.

Looks like I will be finding out the rest of the plan later on then, and Caleb was right. I will be seeing him in his home.

"Right what did you want Mason?"

"I want you to go on a date with me." I tried not to laugh or roll my eyes whilst telling him to sling it.

I can't ruin this for any of us. If I am to help them take him down, which I still don't understand why which I will hopefully find out later, I need to agree.  

I need help with finding the person who nearly ran me down a few years ago but hit my older brother instead and just left him for dead. So without thinking, I agreed to the date.

What I didn't know from this moment is that my whole life will change, and maybe not for the better.

___________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, vote and comment.

Ciao! x