Chapter Seven:

Cody’s POV:

The bell had finally rung for lunch, and I took Soul’s hand and helped him stand back up after the beating I gave him. Plus since I didn’t have to  hit him hard, he only had a few bruises here and there. But, sadly, none on his face.

“Hey, thanks Cody and Soul, I wasn’t sure it would work out so well and the class to be so ecstatic.” Art said, a pointed grin plastered to her face.

“Anytime! Beating up Soul was fun~!” I said giggling slightly.

“Ha ha. You’re just lucky I ‘serve’ Art, or else you would have been pummeled.” Soul said, crossing his arms grumpily.

Maka, Black*Star, Tsubaki, Liz, Patty, and finally Kid walked down the stairs of the seats towards us. Maka was laughing and trying to keep her composure at the same time, so it looked pretty funny.

“So, Soul, are you alright?” She said behind her hand, trying to hide her smile.

“I’m fine, cool guys like me don’t get hurt by girls.” Soul said defiantly.

Art laughed. “That’s not what you said the day Cody and I came here! All you could say after we met was ‘Owwwwww...’ “

I started to laugh as well and Soul frowned, not finding it very funny as how we did. Black*Star glomped his shoulder.

“Don’t worry buddy! We’ll get them later!” He said with that cocky grin of his.

“Sure~.” Art said before turning and walking out of the now empty classroom.

As we walked, we talked about all sorts of random things, mainly subjects that pertained to me opening a can of whoop ass on Soul.

“Ok guys! Would you cut it out about the lesson?!” He said grumpily.

Art laughed again, bending over from laughing so hard. I giggled, and I saw Black*Star and Kid trying to hide their laughter in fear of Soul attacking them. Patty giggled girlishly.

“Don’t worry Soul! We don’t mean to be mean! If you want you can hug my giraffe for comfort!” She held out a small plush giraffe to him with a cheery smile applied to her face.

“Uhh… no thanks Patty.” Soul stepped away from the girl and into the lunchroom. “That would be totally uncool of me.” I heard him mumble under his breath.

“Come on guys! Lets go get a table in the middle of the room so then everyone can see the all amazing Black*Sta-”

I punched Black*Star in the mouth, and he fell over spouting blood from his mouth like a water fountain. Jeez he’s annoying with that crap. ‘I’m the all amazing Black*Star who wants everyone’s attention!’ Blegh.

“Would you shut up already Black*Star?!” I shouted angrily at him before walking to where Art calmly sat with her notebook and pencil in hand.

“Whatcha doing?” I asked, looking over her shoulder as she concentrated.

She had started sketching out the battle plans for the witch and the hag. So far she’s drawn where the house is and the lake in front of it.

“I don’t know how we can approach the house without the hag either smelling us out or feeling the vibrations in the ground from us coming. So, I think that first we should automatically go for the hag’s destruction, maybe lure her out then go for the kill.” She said seriously, tapping the eraser part of the pencil on the paper in thought.

“Yeah that would be a good plan, but I think you should at least eat something first.” I said to her, looking at her untouched lunch-bag.

 “Yeah yeah, I will I just want to get this thought out first.” She said, writing down on the paper and drawing arrows in places here and there.

I sighed, sitting down and opening my own lunch-bag with everyone else sitting down and eating their lunches.

As I took a bite of my sandwich that Art had made for me last night, I felt eyes looking at me, making me look up from my sandwhich. I searched the group in front of me and my eyes landed on a pair of gold ones. Kid looked down, and at his food, with pink lightly dusting his cheeks. I felt my own cheeks burn up a bit, and my gaze fell to my sandwich again.

I felt Art poke my arm with her pencil, and I look to her, praying that the blush ran from my cheeks by now.

“Hey, take a look at the plans here.” She said, handing me the paper that could possibly save our educational careers.

“Its awesome. But maybe we should tweak that one thing.” I pointed to a heart at the top of the page in the right corner.

“Where the crap did that come from?” Art asked in confusion. “I only got up for one minute and I guess I didn’t notice that…”

Everyone else seemed to keep their heads down, and I guess Soul finished early, because he wasn’t at the table anymore.

“Odd.. maybe you drew it without noticing?” I asked.

“Maybe.. but I draw my hearts differently.. oh well, I’ll figure that out later. For right now I want to finish lunch before its over.” She said while picking up her lunch and taking the contents out of it.

I nodded, and turned back to my food as well, replaying the notes and plans that were drawn on the note paper.

I’m not sure how I feel right now. Excited, worried and curious I guess.