「14」_I have to

Beginne am Anfang

"Who failed?" Gon asked seriously and I tuned them both out as I remembered what happened. "It was Killua." And after that Satotz told him the story.

I used my forearm to cover my face when Satotz began telling him what happened to my fight. It was an embarrassing moment that I don't want to hear and think about.

Satotz told him every match Gon didn't see, which was everything. After the explanation about Killua being disqualified after killing Bodoro, Gon was clearly mad but calm at the same time.

He jumped out of the bed and straight out of the room. I immediately stood up as well as Satotz. We ran to him, me being the first one to make it but I never stopped him.

"Gon-kun! Y/n-chan!" We heard it from behind. "Where's everyone?" Gon asked, I was about to answer when Satotz interrupted me. "You need more rest, Gon-kun..."

I just pointed to the door where the others were and Gon catched up to what I was pointing at and made his way through. He kicked the door open and marched to where Illumi was sitting.

I remain where I was in the doorframe and just peep through. If anything, I do want to punch the bastard's face but Gon can stand up on his own. And I don't want to interfere, he's got to do something to let some steam off.

Satotz came through the door as well, standing beside me near the door. He was looking hesitant on whether to stop Gon or to let the chairman handle it.

If anything was to go wrong, I'll immediately aid him if needed. "Apologize to Killua!" Gon said, his anger evident in his voice.

"Apologize? For what?" Illumi asked dumbly, making me want to bang his head on the table despite his handsome face. "You don't know what you did wrong?"

"No." Illumi hummed. "You don't have the right to be his brother." Gon formed his hand into fist, clearly trying to not let the anger get the best of him.

"Must I earn the right to be his brother?" And that's the last straw for Gon. He took Illumi's right wrist and made him stand in front of his small figure.

"He doesn't need to earn the right to be our friend!" Gon declared. "Don't bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua." Gon slightly let go.

"What will you do then?" Illumi asked. "That should be obvious... We're Gonna rescue Killua!" "You make it sound as though I kidnapped him..." Illumi kind of whined.

"He walked away on his own." "But it wasn't by choice. He was being manipulated by you people. It's the same thing as kidnapping him!" The room became quiet.

"We happened to be discussing this very subject, Gon. Kurapika and Leorio have both lodged complaints. The committee has been discussing the fairness of Killua's disqualification." I perked up at this.

"Killua had been behaving in a strange manner during and since his battle with the man who called himself Gittarackur! I believe that he was hypnotized into committing murder." He's not wrong but he's not right either.

"Under normal circumstances, it would be impossible to use hypnosis to induce a person to kill. However, as Killua was raised in a family of assassins, murder was a part of his daily life, so it's natural that he would lack the ethical restraint of most!"

"I want to mention that the attack happened during the match between Bodoro and me. It's possible that he was trying to help me. Given that, the one who should be disqualified is me." Leorio's reason is partly true...

"In any case, Killua was not in control of his own actions. Thus, he should not have been disqualified!" No... Killua is in full control of his own actions. Illumi just gave him a full course push to the edge.