|14|

Cassie blinked twice as the meeting concluded to silence. She shook her head and pursed her lips. "You have a very vague idea about what a car is. We don't make rockets, James. We make car engines and you better snap that idea out for at least three more years."

"But Cassiopeia, it's a great opportunity for the company to grow further."

"I'm sure, but since I started it two years ago I think you have to settle and recalculate your numbers."

"Alright, Cassie. I'll check again."

Cassie nodded and stood from her chair. She left the meeting room and was soon approached by her new, very capable, very Cassie-like head of engineering. They walked down the corridors and into the lift.

"What about the Abu Dhabi GP this weekend?"

Cassie clenched her teeth and glared at Sia. "What about it? I think the sponsorship is progressing marvelously."

"Yeah, I mean Horner is pretty happy with the engine. I think you should go."

"Why?"

"It'll look good on the company."

"How? I'll glare at Mercedes and growl and scare a few people."

"Don't you wanna see the engines on track? Doesn't it tickle your scientific clock?"

"I have a lot of work to do."

"I'm sure. Like stare at the wall and reflect on days passed long ago."

"Shut up, Sia. This is exaggerationg."

"Face the truth. Oh, come on. I know you can feel like a normal person. Sad is a part of being human."

"I want you to keep your deductions to yourself and concentrate on the company."

"Right, but will you go?"

Cassie huffed. "I was planning to. But you know, you can tag along."

"Right, to hold you your screwdriver. As you play smart with the medium intelligence leveled engineers in the pit."

"Were you always like this?"

Sia rolled her eyes. "I learned from the best."

"You should come along."

"Of course, I will. You know how I can't resist making fun of Daniel."

"You like my cousin, don't you?"

"I think he's a cute cinnamon roll. Especially when I get completely to his nerves. His face goes red and his nose stands out more. He's like a unicorn baby."

"Eww," Cassie made a sound of disgust. "Don't ever call Daniel cute and unicorn baby in front of me. You should have seen him with braces and too much curls on his head to know that he wasn't a girl."

"Yeah, but is he too cute?"

"When, exactly? The time he does the shoey?"

"You love the shoey."

"Everyone loves the shoey."

"So piri piri peppers or cayenne for this year? What should I prank him with?"

"Oh, he hates those."

"Obviously," Sia narrowed her eyes.

Cassie shuddered. "You sound like Snape."

~ ~ ~

Cassie was in the Red Bull pit screaming Daniel's success for coming second on the championship this year.