•i'm not livid•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

"You're not finding it anywhere here, Nik."

Imogen Farien Avery sighed as she sat comfortably on the sofa in the study of the Abbatoir while she watched the love of her life, the infamous Klaus Mikaelson searching furiously on a bookshelf of the room for Esther's grimoire.

"It must be here somewhere, my love." Klaus muttered as he continued searching through the bookshelf and groaned in annoyance every time he couldn't find the grimoire.

Imogen sighed quietly and turned to the door when she heard light footsteps. She smiled when Elijah Mikaelson entered the study with a drink in his hand.

Elijah smiled softly at the noirette before looking at his younger brother, who continued searching furiously for the grimoire.

"Can I help you find something?" he asked him and took a sip from his drink.

"Yes." Klaus said and walked over to another bookshelf. "In fact, I believe you can. I'm looking for a book." he lifts a medium sized book. "About yea big," he threw the book away and continued searching. "Filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced." he turned to his older brother.

"How very mysterious." Elijah said and sat on the desk as he paced his drink down before taking a pen.

Klaus continued searching through the bookshelves again. "Indeed. At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands." he said, throwing the books his holding and turned to Elijah. "I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home."

Imogen turned her head to look at Elijah, who was nonchalantly scribbling in a notebook on the desk. She remained quiet as she watched and listened.

Klaus took a few steps forward. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, brother." he told Elijah.

Elijah looked up at Klaus. "Well, admittedly, I did have a theory that your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the Crescent wolves." he said as he narrowed his eyes at his younger brother, who smirked at him. "Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry."

Klaus glared at Elijah. "And here I thought you, of all people, would understand. I am simply trying to help those wolves." he said, walking over to him. "Play Samaritan to the abused. Champion to the underdog, so to speak."