"Tell you what, luv, let's do it on the count of three," he said smiling charmingly. But Lucy was not falling for it. She saw the evil glint that he couldn't quite hide twinkling in his baby blue eyes.

"Sure, baby, whatever you say." Lucy grinned back, equally charmingly.

"One!" Jace's grin widened.

"Two!" Lucy bared her teeth.

"Th...." They started to chorus together only to stop at the pounding to her room door.

"Hurry up, the pancakes are waiting for no one!" Hollered out Emily. "Oh, and tell Jace, there's a place for him too."

"There better be, no way I am driving you to the airport on an empty stomach!" Jace grunted before he dropped his towel. A swift snatch later, and Lucy's lay in a puddle next to his. They breathed hard. Inexplicably out of breath as they stared at each other hungrily.

"Who was the freaking idiot who suggested abstinence?" Jace managed to whisper hoarsely.

"You," said Lucy almost faintly, willing to deny all claims to that title. She couldn't have been the one dumb enough longing for all that only to deny herself when she got it on the grounds of stupidity. But she really needed to start breathing and soon, was that dark spots on her vision?

"We could do it right now." Jace suggested unhelpfully.

"My first time a twenty-minute fuck?" Lucy lifted a weak brow at him, not at all finding that suggestion offensive.

But Jace was rapidly shaking his head. "Five! Five minutes. Doubt I can last longer."

Lucy got weak knees just listening to him pant.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Hurry up you guys. Five minutes or the pancakes are gone." Cat's sing song voice rang out from the other side of the door, jolting them into immediate action. With a frantic rush, they were in each other's arms, lips meshed and starving for a lot more than mere pancakes. They must have been at it for all of two minutes before a new, heavier fist pounded at Lucy's door.

"Lucy? Honey? Your mum and I would like a word with you in private before you leave honey."

At that, they sprang instantly apart and immediately fumbled about for their clothing. "Coming!" Lucy hollered. "Just a minute."

Fluent blue streaks rang rabid across the room, as their tussle to get into their clothing had them dashing around each other with mad urgency. Lucy caught Jace's laughing smirk and couldn't help silently laughing along with him. They were being ridiculous and that was wonderful. Hearts pounding, and hair dishevelled, they finally opened the door to beam at her parents.

"I'll just take these downstairs," exclaimed Jace suddenly, into the awkward silence that ensued. He reached down to grab Lucy's luggage, surreptitiously sweeping his own up in the process but Lucy didn't doubt her dad missed nothing. Still she wasn't about to say anything.

"Save me some pancakes!" Lucy called out after him. Jace's taunting laughter was her only answer.

She looked back awkwardly at her parents, then suggested, "Let's sit."

Lucy scrambled up onto her, thankfully-made-up bed, and watched with some amusement as her mum and dad reprise the perch usually occupied by Emily and Cat in their secret meetings.

"Your mum has some letters for your father," said dad, nodding to Mary to hand them over. Lucy took them and immediately slot them into her handbag.

"You're to call us every day. I don't care about the charges," begun her dad. "Keep us abreast of everything. How you're doing? What you're feeling?"