As they drew past the door behind which Emily was conferring with Mark, they could hear their sister's agitated tones rise in berating Mark, "... If you had been in your own bed last night, you would have known...."

"Have you made a doctor's appointment yet?" questioned Lucy. It was the upper most concern now. There was no knowing anything about the man Cat slept with, he could be diseased, and Cat wasn't even sure if they had used protection. "Have you taken a morning after?"

"I went this morning while you were out shopping. The results won't be out for some time yet. But in no way, am I going to take a morning after pill," said Cat, quite decisively.

Lucy stared on at her incredulously, her mouth stuffed with food that she was suddenly finding hard to swallow. "Excuse me?"

"I am going to be a doctor, Lucy. It's my lifelong dream. I cannot start that journey by taking the life of my own fetus!" She gasped horrified. "Do you even know how the pills work?"

"You won't be becoming a doctor at all with a baby in your belly, Lucy," said Lucy aghast. "You're too young."

"Look, we don't even know if it would come to that. Besides, this might be the only way I could keep a part of him with me forever."

What the hell?

Who wanted to keep the part of a one-night-stand with them forever? "What are you high on Cat? This isn't at all like you." Lucy drew back shaking her head confused. "You're supposed to be the one with sense. The rational one. The brainy one. You're the one we come to when... wait... it is you, isn't it Cat? You and Emily are not pulling one over me, are you?"

The twins had tried, in the past, time over time to hoodwink Lucy by exchanging identities but they'd failed every attempt. She could always tell them apart, no matter how they dressed. Even looking at Cat now, she could tell she was Cat, only Cat didn't say things like that. But then Emily wouldn't say such things either. Even she had more sense than this. What was this? Hormones?

Cat quirked a brow before offering Lucy a small smile. "I am me, Lucy. That hasn't changed."

But Lucy only shook her head confused.

"Have you ever felt a moment that was just so right you never want to lose it, even as a memory?" Cat questioned, her eyes gleaming with an intensity Lucy had never seen before. "That was last night was for me, Lucy. It was not just sex. It was need. A need I didn't even know I had. He was divine Lucy. Why wouldn't I want to wake up to a memory of him every day for the rest of my life?"

The slap was unexpected and instinctual, shocking the both. It was a moment later before Lucy's heavy breathing subsided enough for her to form a rational thinking process again. "Sorry." She said, feeling not at all sorry. "But I had to at least try."

"Knock some sense into me," said Cat, nodding her head in understanding. "I would have done the same."

Lucy gave her an eye roll at that. "You must have been bingeing on too much Romeo & Juliet. Love is fiction, Cat. Swayed easily with the passing tide," she found herself saying with unexpected bitterness, directed at no one other than herself. Lucy still couldn't believe she'd let Richard kiss her... and then responded. Were her feelings that fickle? Lucy was too confused herself to properly advise Cat. But she still had to try.

Cat shook her head. "You would understand had you seen him." Her blue eyes pierced hers again earnestly. "He was not simply just a freeloader at a party, Lucy. His voice, his tone, his accent, his stance, his very bearing spoke of so much more. There was just this vibe about him. It's really hard to explain, Lucy."