We'd both figured that since we weren't technically a bachelor and bachelorette, we'd skip those parties and have more lowkey family time on the night before the wedding.

"Did you get my text?" Gina asked.

"Yes," I giggled. "I got it, sis. No calling, texting, or seeing Jordan until this time tomorrow."

"Exactly," she beamed before grabbing an envelope off the counter. "I'm only giving you this because he brought it by when he picked up Nate before time was up."

She handed me the envelope and I recognized my entire name written across the front was in Jordan's handwriting.

To my love, Natalia Charlotte Andrews Knight

I bit my lip as I traced his writing with my fingers before opening the envelope. I softened as I found a handmade card with a heart drawn on the front in the same manner as the note Jordan had given me years ago when he'd pleaded with me to keep trying to make us work.

I kissed the heart gently before opening the card and reading:

My forever bride, Lia,

When this letter finds you it'll be the day before our wedding so I'm writing this note for you to read all the things I'll want to say to you. Apparently there's a "superstition" about talking to each other for the whole 24 hours before our wedding. Didn't know that was a thing, but I know I don't want to do anything to mess us up. So, I'll go along with it if it means I get to stare into your beautiful eyes, kiss your tender lips, and share my heart, body, and soul with you for the rest of my life. You are my better half, Lia, you're the missing piece I spent all that time looking for. You and the twins have made my world complete and I can't imagine life without you. I can not wait to be your husband, Beautiful. I am enthralled to know that I am the man that gets to be your protector, your lover, and your closest friend for as long as we both shall live. I thank God every day for sending you to me. Sweet dreams tonight, baby. I will see your beautiful, smiling face tomorrow in the cathedral.

I love you.

-Your Knight in shining armor, J.

I could feel happy tears fill my eyes and I sniffled as I held the letter close to my heart in the same way that I wanted to hold him. The next 24 hours couldn't go by fast enough for me to finally call him mine forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Day

I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I was startled back awake, worried that I had overslept and missed the wedding. After weeks of avoiding all wedding anxiety, it seemed to hit me tenfold at once as I skittered around my mom's house double-checking that everything was in order.

"Mommy," Maria smiled at me as I stopped for a moment in the kitchen.

"You're getting married to Daddy today!"

"Yes, baby, can you believe it?" I smiled to try to calm my nerves, but my head was spinning.

Maria smiled and nodded, "Yes, because the princess always marries the prince and Daddy says you're a princess."

I smiled at her fairytale logic and I kissed her gently, "I never thought about that, baby, but you're right. They always do."

When I stood back up, I finally found my makeup bag and I carried it to the bedroom where Bethany awaited to work her magic on me. She tugged and prodded until my curls were in a Cinderella-style updo and my tiara was firmly settled in my hair.