NINE

❝I'M GONNA BRING YOU HOME OKAY?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   TYPICALLY WHEN YOU'RE NUMB YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO FEEL ANYTHING. So how come Carmen Ripley could feel everything all at once? A knife struck through her heart that could never be pulled out. She lost Bucky and her dad, she has no clue where Louie is, Steve is all too busy with S.H.I.E.L.D to see Carmen, and her mother is torn up inside and out just like Carmen. But seeing as Ruth Ripley spent Carmen's whole life making sure her daughter isn't sad, Carmen feels it's time for her to do the same with her mother. It only seems fair.

   Besides, she couldn't be mad at her mom for not sending Louie's letters. At first, yeah maybe Carmen was a little bit upset. But now she understands. Ruth Ripley was in too much heartbreak and worry because she was about to lose the love of her life. Of course, she knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but nothing can prepare you for any death, especially your soulmates. Carmen doesn't know that Bucky is her soulmate, but she does know the pain her mom is in about losing her love. Because now, Carmen lost her love.

But for now, she just has to ignore that. It's hard but she kept thinking over and over again; 'perhaps we'll meet in another life. I'll be another me, and he'll be another him. And if we find each other, there's no other love that is quite as true as ours.' Of course, her thought had doubts, because no one truly knows if they'll ever meet again in another life. Especially in this odd case, where another life, just doesn't seem to happen. If anything, this life of theirs, has more significance than anyone would ever know.

   "Carmen?" Ruth said, peeking her head in Carmen's old bedroom door that she open with a knock. It wasn't her choice to have her daughter stay with her. Instead, it was Carmen's, she had thought that it would be the best for both of them, considering that they both are grieving over so much, Louie Ripley, George Ripley, and Bucky Barnes. "Am I able to come in?" The woman continued.

Carmen sat up a bit on her bed, she glanced at her mom, "yeah of course! Come sit down." She smiled while putting a box that sat on her bed down onto the floor. Prior to her mom coming in Carmen had gone to their basement and grabbed a box of Carmen's old stuff. Carmen never took it to her own home seeing that she wanted to take new pictures and new memories. But at this very moment, the various pictures of her a Louie, her and her dad, and her, Steve, and Bucky all younger, really just seemed right. Of course along those boxes were various swim trophies, including a small one she had gotten the very day she met her best friends.

Her mother sat next to Carmen on her old twin bed, and took her daughter's hand in hers, resting both of their hands-on Carmen's thigh. And much like words Carmen has heard from Steve and plenty of times from Bucky, her mother told her, "stop holding it all in for my benefit. We have to talk about it."