✓ Introduction: How This Will Work ✓

If you're here, then that means you have at least a slight interest in the first Queen of England, Mary Tudor. This work of non-fiction recounts Mary's backstory, her ascent to the throne, her resistance against those who attempted to overthrow her, her persecution of Protestants, and finally her death and the way she is immortalized through the infamous nickname of "Bloody Mary."

I wrote this long essay as a paper for my junior research seminar during my sophomore year of college (I got it done early since I was a double major). A lot of my peers who have read this paper have encouraged me to share it with you. After seeing that the non-fiction section in Wattpad is heavily populated with questionable stories that seem to misunderstand what non-fiction storytelling is, I decided to share my story to counter these misunderstandings.

The way this will work is that the work will be split into multiple parts. Each new part will contain a brief overview of what will be discussed in that section, with some analysis or jargon that will be made clear in the subsequent sections. Each part (except for parts 8-10) will have small sections that act as "chapters." 

Since this was a college essay, there are footnotes involved in the following work that point towards sources for other scholars to reference. Since Wattpad doesn't support footnotes, each footnote will be indicated by a bracket and a number, for example: [1]. The number corresponds to a note in the "End Notes" section towards the end of the book that readers can check if they wish to see the source that corresponds to the citation. 

Since most of these footnotes are meant for scholarly purposes, the average reader will not need to reference them and can easily ignore them. However, some footnotes include important little bits of information that the reader may want to know. If that is the case the footnote and bracket will be bolded like so: [2]. When you see a bolded footnote, it is recommended that you check the corresponding endnote, although this is not necessary.

Phew. Now that I got all the technical stuff out of the way, let's dive into "Bloody Mary's" life and understand how the title "Bloody Mary" is not fitting for her at all....