Willing

"Alright," Brendon stepped toward the calm woman who still had an outstretched hand. You wanted to shake it, but Brendon was in the way. "Are you willing to work on short notice?"

"Of course I am, sir."

"Please, call me Brendon." He stood firmly in front of her, sizing her up. "You meet all the requirements?"

"Guard card. Training in hand-to-hand combat. Training for weaponless defense. A major in human relations and," she smiled smugly, "a minor in English literature."

You chuckled a bit and Brendon smiled, taking her hand to give it a brief shake.

"Well, then, you're in. As long as [y/n], here, agrees."

You gave him a look. He had been such a stiff and judging person for a moment, but it was most likely only because he wanted the best for you. "She seems awesome. I like her."

Louise grinned and held her hand out to you, and you took it. You realized if you were to be around her most of the time, you'd need to become comfortable with her.

"I look forward to working with you," Louise said to me.

"Me too! Would you like to stay a while?" You asked, wanting to get acquainted.

"Sure, if you'll have me."

Brendon jumped into the conversation. "Of course. You're always welcome."

"Well," she leaned against the wall at the invitation, "then I don't see the harm."

You led her and Zack into the living room where she sat down, you across from her.

"What can I get you to drink?" Brendon began to turn to the kitchen, looking back to Louise.

Her leg crossed over the other. "Just some water, please."

He disappeared into the kitchen, leaving you alone with two bodyguards.

"So, um," you started awkwardly due to the tense aura, "how are you, Louise?"

"I mean, considering I just got a job, pretty good."

You let a laugh escape your lips briefly before turning your attention to Zack. "And you?"

The corners of his lips turned upward. "Well, I'm doing great because I know for a fact you're going to like Lu over there."

"Lu?" You questioned.

Louise shook her head. "Some people like to call me that, I guess."

"Really?" The name was quite cute, which was very different than her lax, confident personality. "Can I?"

"If you'd like to."

Brendon came back into the room holding two glasses of water, one for Louise and the other for Zack.

He sat down next to you, comfortably laying his arms over the back of the couch and spreading his legs. You rolled your eyes at him to which he responded with a "What? We're going to be with them a lot anyway."

You sighed, continuing your conversation with Zack and Louise. When asked how her and Zack met, Zack stated it was simply through coincidence when he was searching for an adequate female bodyguard. But, man, you could tell already that she was more than just adequate.

It turned out that not only was she an expert coffee artist, she loved dogs. Although, she made sure to specify that she was also a cat lover.

Brendon gasped, tears in his eyes. "[Y/n], [y/n]. She's perfect."

"I know!" You responded, similar tears in your own eyes.

"What's going on?" Louise whispered to Zack.

"Nothing, they do this a lot."

It wasn't long before Louise went off and Zack departed as well, leaving you and Brendon to, what all couples do, sit down right next to each other and play on their phones.

Eventually, your boredom overcame you and you leaned your head on his shoulder, staring at what he was doing on his phone. It seemed he was sifting through his Twitter notifications, scanning over them only the slightest bit.

Until something caught your eye. In his DMs, a familiar face surrounded by red hair.

It couldn't be the same girl, right? After all, red hair may be rare, but it didn't mean it was her.

"Hey, Bren, look at what that girl sent you."

He gave you a strange look before entering the private message and reading it.

Your head throbbed with every word and you had the urge to say something—anything—sarcastic in response.

This girl had actually described what happened in that public restroom in detail, with her own little twist. That wasn't the end, though. She proceeded to flirt with him, hoping that she somehow made him hate you.

"Is this?. . ." He trailed off, staring at the girl's profile picture and her messages.

You massaged your temples. "Yes, she was involved in the incident."

He took a deep breath. "You know, normally I would say something. . . But you wouldn't want me to, and there's no point over a DM."

You smiled. "Exactly! My boy's all grown up."

"You make it sound like you're my mother."

Although that girl, seemingly named Molly, had attempted in her most cliché way to get revenge, it wasn't enough.

Because you knew already that you didn't only have to stop the issue, but Brendon wanted some revenge. A guilt aspect for those who were ignorant enough to jump to conclusions.

Now, he knew he couldn't be rude. He wasn't like that. He would guilt trip and sob story the hell out of them.

If they thought they could hurt you with a single slap, Brendon would make sure to deal twice the damage with words.

Thanks to KawaiiTrashPotato !!

I'm off to Interactive Introverts now <3