facetime

incoming facetime call
armie hammer would like facetime...
╰  accept | decline ╯

timothee's confused face waited on the screen for the call to connect. he balanced his phone against a cup turned upside down on his dining room table as the light from armie's face brightened up his, and armie smiled. "hey, kiddo."

"hey! wasn't expecting a call, is.. something wrong?" the man shook his head, "no. well, kind of. not for me, though." timothee's heart stopped for a second, asking what he meant. "word travels fast, timmy. i'd assume the entire industry knows what you said to your higher ups."

timothee went quiet. "...s-so, i assume they all think i'm an idiot? an asshole? a stupid, delusional, unprofessional kid?" the line was quiet, but he watched armie try and hold back a grin before busting out laughing.

"an asshole? tim, they think you're a legend. defying the bullshit like that? every actor in the biz has mad respect for you right now. your manager's having a breakdown, but she won't be your manager much longer considering your choice words on the situation. you're the biggest badass around, kid." a weight lifted off the boys shoulders. "they probably won't voice that support, mind you. they wouldn't want to risk their own career, but they appreciate and likely envy your persistence in staying true to who you are and what you believe." timothee had assumed his peers would consider him childish for not sucking it up and doing what they told him, and it felt a hell of a lot better to know they were all fully supporting him, even if it was silently.

"so... where is she?" armie asked, breaking timothee's thoughts. "huh?"

"the girl, timothee. elsie, was her name? we're all well aware you couldn't - or rather wouldn't - go through with the saoirse deal because of her." timothee blushed, his eyes falling down to his lap as his fingers danced anxiously with one another. "she does know, doesn't she?"

"to an extent."

"to an extent?"

"she thought it was a dumb idea for me to drop everything for her. i did it anyway. she doesn't know the second part yet. i'm nervous to tell her."

"did you learn nothing from those summers in italy, tim?" confused, he looked back up at the man on his phone screen. "is it better to speak or to die?" timothee almost laughed at the reference, remembering his growth that will forever live in the small city of crema. "so, tim, does he or doesn't he?"

"he fudges, hammer."

"figures," armie smirks, "he's french."

"yeah, well, as i'm sure you're aware, i'll never have the courage to ask a question like that." at this point, both boys are smiling, reminiscing in the movie that made them the dynamic duo they had become. tim's smile was partially fake, the thought of elsie being disappointed in him crossing his mind.

"armie?"

"timothee?"

"what do i do now?"

armie furrowed his eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

"i mean i didn't go to college or anything, i can't get a well paying job, the industry in terms of higher-ups will probably turn against me... i know this is what i wanted, but i don't know where i'll go from here. i'm scared," the boy began venting to his friend, who had become a sort of mentor for him. the older man smiled as words continued to spill from the younger's mouth, almost endlessly.

finally, he spoke up, interrupting timothee. "he-hey! tim!" he said, finally putting an end the rambling. "you're gonna be fine."

"fine?"

"fine."

his shoulders tensed, "how can you be so sure of that?"

"because." armie crossed his arms, leaning back on the leather sofa he sat on.

"because is not an answer, old man." armie faked offense, throwing his hands over his heart and dropping his jaw.

"old man? i'm a mere 31!"

"31 going on retirement and a wheelchair, remember?" the brunette giggled. "that was your joke, by the way, not mine."

"it was a joke until you brought up coffins and made it too real. i was hurt, chalamet," he wiped a fake tear, "i really was."

eyes were rolled and teasing ensued, but eventually the conversation was pulled back around to tim's future.

"how can you be so sure i'll be alright when i'm not even sure i will be?"

armie sighed, scratching the back of his head. "listen, i'm not supposed to tell you this because no one's supposed to know, but my agency wants to sign you. like really badly. you're a wanted legend," he chuckled, emphasizing the word 'legend.' "a skinny one, at that."

"first of all, you're literally fucking kidding me, second of all, please stop using twitter, third of all, you've got to be breaking my breadsticks right now your agency does NOT want me."

"breadsticks remain unbroken," he replied, jazz hands included. "they think you have real initiative and appreciate that you put passion in front of publicity. and you know they don't pull bullshit on their clients. that's why i'm signed there. when i tell you you'll be fine, i mean it." timothee's eyes well up as he cups his hands over his face. hope embraces him like a warm hug, and he felt like his life was falling back together. "i guess you can partially blame me for this, since i helped convince them or whatever but like, it's no big deal. none. a thank you or a nice arrangement of chocolates and flowers put in a nice little basket and wrapped with a bow would be nice, but nobody's, like, forcing you at gunpoint or anything."

╭             imessage       
armie hammer sent a photo !

╭              imessage         ╮armie hammer sent a photo !

╰  reply | ignore ╯

armie waited to hear the sound of timothee's phone vibrating, implying his text message had been sent, before continuing by saying, "nobody's forcing you at gun point at all." timothee burst out laughing and showered his friend with 'thank you's and 'i love you's. he enthused how thankful he was to know someone as kind and supportive as armie, but armie interrupted.

"thank you, i know i truly am the best, but you've gotta get going." strings of questions came from the other side of the line. "c'mon, loverboy. go get to work on the things that matter."

and so, the younger boy smiled as armie ended the call and set out on his journey, ready to speak.

author's note
uGh take a shot at all of the cmbyn references i hate and love myself