chapter thirteen

Annie sat in the cage, thinking about how she could possibly get out of it. There was a simple lock on the cage that needed a key to open it, but there was no key around and Annie wasn't going to risk breaking her hand in order to break the lock.

The small room was quiet, not a voice or person anywhere near it. Annie could hear the waves of the ocean hitting against the side of the ship, rocking it back and forth ever so slightly.

All of a sudden, an idea popped into the teenage girl's head as she stared at the wooden bars that kept her contained inside the cage. Annie remembered what happened on the beach, with Troye's sword wound. Somehow, Annie had healed him. It seemed nearly impossible but Annie was still going to try her idea, leaning forward to press her hands flat against the door of the cage. With a soft sizzling noise that wouldn't have been heard if there was another noise, the wood of the cage started to disintegrate. Annie was shocked at the hole that had been formed in the cage, just big enough for her to crawl out.

Annie stared down at her hands with awe before looking back up at what she just did, and started to crawl out of the cage. She was careful to not get her clothes, hair, or even skin caught on the rough edges of the cage, before being completely free from it.

Annie stood up, stretching out her body. Her joints cracked and her muscles felt tense as she headed for the door, her legs getting used to moving again.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the hall, and Annie started to panic. She had nowhere to hide in the small room, not that it'd matter anyways. She just busted herself out of the cage so the pirates would find her easily.

The first thing Annie saw was dark green shoes before Peter Pan was standing in front of her, his dark brown hair a mess ontop his head.

"Annie." Peter breathed out just as the girl said his name, both of them walking over to each other before embracing in a hug.

"Peter, he said he wants you dead." Annie mumbled, her cheek pressed into his shoulder and the surprisingly soft tshirt that the boy was wearing.

"Who, Hook?" Pan pulled away, holding onto Annie's biceps that were sore from where the pirates had grabbed her. "Do you really think he'll kill me?" He smirked. Annie sighed heavily in response before pulling Peter back into a hug, her brown hair brushing up against his chin.

"Where were you, when we were fighting? So much happened. Grayson, he got hit by a dreamshade arrow. A pirate cut Troye's leg-" Annie went on, only for Pan to cut her off.

"Don't worry about any of it, okay? You're safe, and all the boys are alright. Now come on, we have to get off this pirate ship." He told her, pulling away from the hug again. Peter glanced over at the cage and smirked softly at the hole in it, but Annie didn't seem to notice. Instead, her eyes travelled down to her hand as Peter took it, and led her out of the room.

Peter and Annie both knew one thing as they walked down the hallway. The young girl who at one point in her life didn't believe in magic, now had magic. She didn't know how, but she used it twice today to save two lives. She and Troye both could've been fish food if it wasn't for her magic.

As Peter and Annie approached the main part of the ship, where all the pirates were busy with tasks Captain Hook had ordered them to do, Peter let go of Annie's hand and crouched down slightly. "Jump on my back." He whispered so quietly that the girl almost didn't hear him. Annie obliged, jumping onto Pan's back and gripping his shoulders.

Without any warning, Peter jumped up and rose into the sky. "See you later, Hook!" He shouted with a large grin on his face as the two teenagers flew overtop of the pirate ship, and back to the beach of Neverland. The sand was no longer covered in blood or dead pirates, and Annie assumed all the Lost boys were back at camp.

Peter touched down just inside the jungle, and Annie slid off his back. She adjusted her shirt as he turned around, his eyebrows furrowed in an expression of anoyance and concern.

"What?" Annie asked, knowing Pan wanted to say something. However, his face softened as he shook his head.

"Nothing...let's just get back to camp." He replied. Annie could tell it wasn't nothing. Pan had a lot on his mind, and he wasn't telling Annie most of it. They walked back to camp in silence, Annie wondering what it was that Pan wasn't telling her.

____________

So much is happening now and will happen soon and I love it so much. Also look at this picture of Grayson, it fits this story so well. Minus the cast but maybe he punched a tree. Plot idea lmao.