Chapter 37 - Will here.

I stare at Alyssa's dad as I feel the colour drain from my face. This wasn't part of the plan. Oh fuck, this wasn't what I was expecting.

And tonight, of all nights.

I have to say he looks incredibly scary, with his dressing gown and red face and mad expression. He's suddenly breathing heavily, his eyes piercing right into mine.

"What are you doing here?" he repeats, suddenly going overboard and yelling. I open my mouth to reply, but he cuts in again. "It's half two in the morning! Why are you trespassing or private property at this hour?"

"Stop shouting!" I suddenly hear Alyssa squeak from behind him, and she darts past him over to me. She's shivering and I don't hesitate to wrap her in my arms and cradle her close.

Her dad let's out a roar. "Who- why- What do you want from us? And how did you get up here, even? Speak!"

"I climbed up the tree at the side. To see Alyssa." I say simply, making my voice as strong as possible.

I watch as he opens and closes his mouth, numerous times. He makes a sort of choked noise and then exclaims outrageously, "What's been going on between you two, eh? What have you been hiding from me, Alyssa? You see, this is why I don't agree with my daughter making friends with so many boys. It's dangerous! Very dangerous! I don't trust you," he adds at the end, pointing at me. Nice to know that. He goes on, "What have you been doing? Acting polite and nice to me as if you're only friends with her, and seducing my daughter behind my back?"

"I haven't seduced anyone!" I reply angrily, then close my mouth and gulp, trying to stay calm.

He growls. "This is an outrage. I literally don't believe this. Alyssa-"

"I love him!" Alyssa suddenly cries out, glaring at her father. I feel a sudden rush of affection for her and I squeeze her waist. "And he loves me-"

I freeze as he lets out a cold laugh. "Do you really think that? He doesn't know the meaning of the word!"

I hate how he's talking about me as if I'm not there. I glare right at him and tighten my arm around Alyssa, just as I hear footsteps through Alyssa's room.

"What on earth is going on out here?" I see her mother appear, bleary eyed with her hair messed up, a purple dressing gown wrapped around her. "Robert, why-" she cuts off as her eyes fall onto Alyssa and I, still in our prom outfits.

"I was woken up by a loud crash in Alyssa's room," her dad replies with a cold expression, not taking his eyes off mine. "I came in to see if she was okay, and found the balcony door open, with him-" he jerks his head towards me, "-outside."

I watch as his wife's eyes widen, and she stares at me. "Do your parents know you're here."

"No."

"Have you and Alyssa been out since you came back from the prom? Like, roaming the streets?"

Alyssa and I shake our heads.

"He climbed the tree next to the balcony," her dad informs her mother. "That's what he says, anyway."

Her mum looks at us both for a very long time, her green eyes darting across our features. Alyssa discretely grabs my hand and squeezes it, and I give hers a squeeze back.

"Come downstairs," her mother finally says to me. "Alyssa, you get changed and then come down because we want to speak to you too."

A few minutes later I am sat at the wooden table in their kitchen with Alyssa's dad pacing around shouting at me, and her mum sat opposite me. She's staring at me in a way that suggests she doesn't know what to think of me. Alyssa then appears in a pair of white and red pyjamas and she sits on the chair next to me, grabbing my hand. I look at her and squeeze her hand gently. Her dad stops shouting.

"How long . . . Has this been going on?' her mum asks us. She sounds tired and disappointed, as well as worried.

I gulp, and glance at Alyssa. I don't know how long this has been going on. I don't even know what she means. How long has what been going on?

"The past few months," Alyssa whispers. "Mum, Will's only been in my room once before. And I told him to come up tonight."

Her dad suddenly comes up to the table with the phone in his hand. "I'm going to call his parents."

"And wake them up! Robert, no. Wait until the morning, at least!" her mum shakes her head vigorously. "That is just unfair-"

"It's unfair that their son has been harrassing our daughter!"

Alyssa glares at him. "He has NOT been harassing me! Will is . . . He's one of the only people I trust!"

"Be quiet!" he barks, and she shrinks back. "You don't know anything, Alyssa. Now, here is what is going to happen. You are going to go upstairs to bed. I'm taking your phone, and you are not to contact him in any way possible. And you," he snarls at me, "Are going to go home and when it's morning I will be speaking to your parents. If you ever come near Alyssa or our house again I will call the police. Understood?"

"You can't just separate us like that," I tell him, making my voice strong but not angry.

He shrugs. "Why ever not?" he asks me in an almost mocking, too-innocent way, raising his eyebrows.

I stare right at him and lean forward. "I love her. Alyssa is the best thing that's ever happened to me, I know that we'd both be unhappy if we weren't allowed to speak to each other again. Please. I wouldn't ever hurt her. I would always protect her."

Her father looks between us with a sour look on his face. "Alyssa has better things to concentrate on, such as school work. And you are too young to know what love is-"

"How can you say that?" Alyssa gasps out, and I see there are tears shining in her eyes. "Don't say that! I love Will, I'm pretty sure what-"

"Go upstairs to bed, Alyssa!" her dad is suddenly roaring at the top of his voice. He points at me. "And you - get out of here! I don't want to see you within ten metres of her again! Please, leave, now!"

There is silence for a while, as both her parents stare at me. I glance at Alyssa to see the tears are actually dripping down her face and she is staring at the floor.

"You heard what your father said, Alyssa. Go upstairs to your bedroom." her mother's voice is stern but gentle, if that's even possible,

"Bye," I whisper, and stand up. I look over at Alyssa to see she has her hands pressed to her cheeks, covering her eyes, her shoulders shaking. I caress her hair once, then go out into the hall. Her dad follows me out and opens the front door for me, and I step out into the cold night.

I'm just walking down the path and onto the road, when I hear yelling from Alyssa's house. I cross to the other side of the road and look over my shoulder, my heart thumping as I make out Alyssa hurtling down her drive, sprinting as fast as she can.

It all happens too fast. I spot the yellow coloured light in the road, belonging to the car that comes hurtling round the corner at top speed. I stare right into Alyssa's eyes, she stares right into mine, and I call out, panic ringing through my voice as she skids onto the road.

It's so surreal, so maddening, so painful. I don't hear anything, I only see the front of car hit her side, and she is thrown into the air, smashing down against the hard, cold ground.

Tears fill my eyes as I scream out her name, dashing towards her.

---

OKAY GUYS DON'T KILL ME

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Okay so that was totally unexpected I know and I wasn't planning to write that, it just came into my head. THANK YOU for reading, it means so much (: Not many chapters left now!

One question: Would you like me to do a sequel to this?

HAVE A GOOD DAY :)

REMEMBER TO COMMENT!!!!! CHOOSE A NUMBER BETWEEN ONE AND THREE!!!!!! :O