Chapter 30 - Alyssa now.

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT. PLEASE.

-----

It's still days after Will asked me to go to the prom with him, and I'm still happily buzzing. When I just think about it, I feel my cheeks burn. Zara predicted it by the look on my face when I came into school the next day, she told me. God - how does she predict these things?

Now I'm stood in Monsoon with her and Reina looking at dresses. Finally we've managed to find a date that we are free to get them. And it's about time, because it's in five days. Sunday today. Prom is on Friday.

Oh wow.

I can't seem to find any dresses I like, however. Not in this shop anyway. But there's still hope because this is the first shop we have visited.

Reina picks up a pretty strapless, knee-length cream number with soft netting on the skirt and satin over the bust. There is a little belt made of sequins under the chest and she hasn't even put it on yet, but I know it will match her pale complexion and red hair.

Apparently I'm wrong. When she gets it on in the changing rooms, she sticks her tongue out and makes a face. "This is like a bridesmaid's dress," she comments. Zara looks at me and shrugs.

"I think it's really pretty," I tell her earnestly, "But ... It's up to you I guess. It really suits you though."

Obviously my opinion wasn't enough because soon she's looking at other dresses. She picks a light blue one that she thinks is too long, and then a pale yellow one that "Makes her look like an lunatic," according to Zara.

None of us can find anything in Monsoon, so soon we are off to other shops.

Zara thinks the dresses in Bank are chavvy, and In BHS they're old fashioned, according to Reina. In Debenhams they're boring in my opinion. We all agree with each other.

Every other shop is the same. There's nothing, anywhere.

We are about to give up, when Zara stops in her tracks and lets out a squeal.

"Girlies!" she yells, making passers-by stare. A few guys hanging around outside McDonalds look at us and smirk. Zara points to a small-ish shop that is called 'Elegant Chic Dress Boutique'.

We are soon inside.

The shop specialises in dresses, and it's good because no one else is in here so we can take all the time we need. Soon we are holding bundles of colourful fabrics in our arms, and after half an hour of choosing dresses from the rails, we head to the changing rooms.

The first out of the six dresses I try on is a midnight blue colour with diamonds scattered around the skirt, which reaches above my knees. The material is a beautiful satin-type. The sleeves are weird though, all puffy and distracting. Reina just laughs at me and Zara says delicately, "Next one, honey."

The next one is a champagne gold, floor length with thin straps. I think it makes me look a bit like an Ancient Egyptian so I try the third one on. This one is a pale, sugar pink, halter neck and reaching below my knees. It looks a bit like something from Hairspray.

The dress after that is black and it goes up to my knees at the front then flows out at the back, long. The neck line however is too low for me to be comfortable with. While Reina and Zara say I look wonderful, I disagree. And the next one is ever worse - bright green and too short and too straight.

As I pull the last one on I think I'm going to have no luck, until I glance at myself in the mirror. For the first time all day I like my appearance. I'm wearing a soft aqua coloured strapless dress with a flowing, beautiful skirt. Silver diamonds are stuck onto the skirt trailing down from the waist, and it reaches just above my knee.

When I jump out from the curtain the girls both gasp.

"Oh my god," Reina yells, and the shop assistant comes to peer at me. "You look so pretty, Alyssa!"

Zara stares. "Wow. Wow... That's gorgeous."

"Thanks guys," I mumble, smiling. "So should I buy it?"

"Yes!" Exclaims Zara.

Reina rolls her eyes. ""Are you stupid?"

I laugh. "Okay."

We leave the shop feeling very happy. In my bag is the beautiful dress as well as a pair of sparkling, elegant high heels to match. Zara has bought a purple dress the same length as mine but with those sleeves that are half on the shoulder and half off, on either side. Like Belle's sleeves on her gold dress from Beauty And The Beast. Rein finally settled on a gold dress, floor length, with a flowing skirt. It's covered in glitter and is strapless. They both also bought shoes to match.

"We are so going to be the most beautiful girls in the whole of the prom!" Zara exclaims wildly as we head towards Starbucks for a drink.

"Oh, I know..." Reina giggles.

I throw my arm around Reina and laugh. "The boys are going to be all over you!"

She's going alone, since she said no to Lewis Cruise taking her. She claims he's a pervert and an awkward person to talk to for more than a minute.

But I keep thinking about Will. I wonder if he has his tuxedo yet. And as I try to imagine him in it, my stomach swarms with butterflies and suddenly, I can't wait.