43 The cat landed in the Dogs' backyard

Elektra

I know enough to feel better about Luke gone. His pack won't hurt him and the vampires wouldn't mess with the Alpha's favourite.

You think with that positive info I would just wait at home, relax a little and make a new plan.

Yet here I am on tree glaring at the Pack house.

Don't think this would be a typical Claire thing to do. She would let her 'lover' know she's stalking him by yelling out "Let's go shopping!"

But I let her pretend to be me to feel my mother's wrath at home. I just hope she doesn't do anything too weird that my mother doesn't look at her in the eyes. Actually it's probably the most stupid idea I've ever had but I'm too worried and anxious to just sit around. Now as I really look at this house it's really not that big. It couldn't hold probably more then 20-30 people so unless the wolves in this pack have several places it's going to be really easy to take over. No wonder the vampires chose this one. I can't really see inside it's a big house from the outside nothing regal or amazing about it just a plain white boorish house. I heard twig snap beneath and I whipped head down to see the Shadow hunter girl Angel. Gods what's she doing here? I leaped down ten feet to the ground landing soundlessly on my feet walked behind her. She kept walking ahead because she hasn't realised me yet. I reached out to tap her shoulder and suddenly she whipped around so fast and swung a dagger heading for my face but I put my arm up to shield me. The shiny dagger glistened under the moonlight as it stayed placed n my arm and Angel stared at me shoked with her wide brown eyes.

"That should have sliced your arm clean off." She whispered.

"What's it made of?"

"A holy metal that's supposed to kill demons."

"Well I was made by four Gods so I guess that makes me a holy being and uh I'm not a demon as much as I act like one." I smiled even though this really is just wasting my time and is in fact not amusing at all. She let the dagger down and held it at her side and I dusted myself off. I'm not dusty but I just feel like doing something to shake off this awkwardness. "What are you doing here?"

"Finding more info on the vampires plan. You?"

"Ditto." I said dully.

"I don't think you used correctly."

"Meow." I said in a way of 'meh'. "Work together?"

"Sure why not?" She decided to start walking but I grabbed her arm.

"Don't think we can just waltz. Beside I don't know how to do the waltz." I said humourously and she chuckled. The smile went as quickly as it came.

"I thought the Alpha of cats could change into a different person. Besides if we walk in like we own the place no one is going to notice."

"They're going to realise we don't smell like wet dogs that piss on every tree they sniff on." I paused when I realised what she just said. "What do you mean change into a different person? I can't do that?"

"The Alpha cat is supposed to be able to do that."

"Really?" I asked unbelievably. She scoffed.

"How can you not know that?"

"You would think werecreature have limitations." I mean already can change my clothes, and have Poseidon's power how much more amazing can a kitty get? "I don't know if I can do that Angel."

"OK well then I have this." She dropped her big bag and unzipped it to bring out a big coat the colour of diarea and smells of wolf to.

"You wear that. I'll pretend I'm your human friend or smething." I backed away from it and cringed.