before we start

First of all, wELCOME MY COMRADES

In the midst of all the Bloodlines trash (there's a whole lot of catching up to do, I know), AU's, working on Miscellaneous and a book of just jetra oneshots, attempting to get my shit together, some works for My Hero Academia, and another AU I might putting into action in the future, I don't know yet as once my current projects end that'll be it for me in this fandom apart from art (do you like Vigilante Jesse AUs with angst), I wanted to do something different and start fresh. Something showing the darker sides of this game, and testing my limits with how much pain I can fit into 1 story.

This combined with inspiration from horror and soundtracks, plus a bucket full of random ideas has led me to. . . whatever this is. Updates will hopefully come on a regular schedule since I have most of this planned out, and while I was originally going for a short story, the opportunity to really get into this idea was just too much to push aside and I've spent months working through the plot, characters, re-wrote the basis of the original story and chapters I had down.

What to know:

- This book contains a lot of death, horror, suspense, false hope, twisted senses of humor, violence, mentions of child neglect and abuse, PTSD, intense hallucinations, mental torture, mental illness, and downward spirals into near-complete insanity. Which is why I rated it Mature.

If you're sensitive to any of this, the best choice might be to back out now. I know none of you will, and I suppose I didn't want any of you to back out anyway, but it's mostly here for younger users who don't fully know what some of these topics are about.

- I am a big, big fan of incorporating headcanons, the world of MC:SM and a lot of character content depends on the player's interpretation. Will everyone agree with me on said headcanons? No, and I completely get that. However, if your thoughts are negative, please keep them to yourself (Negative thoughts do not equal polite constructive criticism. The two are different.)

I come from an extremely diverse cultural, mental, and racial background, am bisexual and a biracial transgender guy, so of course my interpretation of characters are going to be a bit out of the norm. Since it's a new story, I feel more comfortable placing headcanons I was afraid of using publicly before. All I ask for is respect.

A lot of descriptions, mentally or physically or gender/sexual identity-wise, are things I haven't really seen in the fandom so they might be new. If you've read things from me before you'll probably understand.

Speaking of headcanons, I get into many aspects of Jesse's character a lot during this story. Family, ethnicity (Personally Jesse for me is mixed, Central-South American), mental illness, etc. One of the reasons why I like writing in this fandom so much is there are so many things left to the imagination, and I took that fact and went nuts with it, like I always do.

I've touched up on Jesse's character in other places, but it'll be a main focus here. Any language translations from Spanish to English will be posted in the comments by me, although I don't think there will be too many. I've related to Jesse a lot, and I'm unhealthily attached to his character-- I'm so excited to share all of this.

- It's Jesskas folks and a fucking slowburn, I'm ready for my boys and to make you cry :)

I was originally going to have no ships, but the more I got into Lukas and Jesse's relationship the more I couldn't resist writing chemistry (or filling in what was already there 👀) between them and look what I did just wow, I seriously can't help myself can i

lukas.. pines. that's all i can say. he pines so much oh my god we're starting off with so much pining

The reason for this was because Lukas has already liked Jesse for a hella long time, and I wanted to establish the depth of their relationship and Lukas' feelings before shit hits the fan.

- To be honest, I am inconsistent. I try my hardest. I really do. So when I update later than I said I would, or it takes me a month-- even though that is far from what is intended-- isn't because I forgot, I lost interest, or I don't care. Life can be a struggle for anybody, and it's hitting pretty hard for me at the moment.

Anyways, I have had a lot of fun creating this story and I sincerely hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it.

We're starting this off with some real shit pals, be ready.

In the name of cool ties, Kirishima being gay af and my headcanon of a genderfluid Petra

- bootthesnoot :^)

See you guys in a week or so for the first chapter!