Chapter 1: Mr. Nice Guy

PAOLO

Do you believe in love at first sight? Well I don't, you see when I met Ericka Santiago there was never really an attraction. No chemistry. No spark. To be frank it was quite the opposite. I hated her. Or rather I hated her type.

She is your typical high school drama queen. Yes, she's smart but she prefers to be popular than smart and you know in high school you can only choose one over the other. She is concieted and she likes to have all the attention. She's mean and a bully. She speaks her mind, too much of it that is. She has most of the boys school at her feet. Though I never heard if she ever had boyfriend at our school. She always surrounds herself with fake friends. Those type that only goes with her because she is popular.

Unlike me, I started in high school being a nobody. I wasn't rich like most of my classmates. Though my parents are working abroad but we have to make our ends meet. I've got an older sister who is in college taking up nursing and a younger sister who is in who is a special child. And then theres me, Peter Paolo Romero, stuck in the middle. We lived with my lola and she takes care of us.

So you see I was quite surrounded with women. And trust me most of the times, women are so hard to deal with.

Thats why I stick to the things that are easy. I play soccer. I read books. I go home and sleep eight hours a day. I don't like complications. My life is already complicated enough. I prefer to life a long and simple life.