"You've gone absolutely mad!"

Kayli's father had indeed gone absolutely mad. Ever since Colby Parker had married that rotten Jessa, it was like he all of a sudden couldn't make decisions by himself anymore.

"Kayli will you let us finish?" Her dad yelled after her.

"Sorry, heard the part where we're moving to another country, kinda lost interest." Kayli marched away from the couple standing in the kitchen.

"Hogwarts is wonderful wizard school, my aunt is the headmaster. I spent my wizard education there." Jessa said to her stepdaughter.

"That makes me want to go so much more. A relative of my deranged stepmother is in charge."

"Kayli Parker you take that back this instant." Her father barked.

Kayli spinned on the heal of her foot so fast it could have given her whiplash let alone falling over.

Thank you marching band, she thought. She put on the fakest smile she could fathom and lied through her teeth. "I'm acting rather spoiled, how about we not wait the two weeks and just pack up and move now."

"No need for attitude." Jessa snarled. Moments later her brother, Slade, marched down the steps, his dark black hair flopped as he bounced.

"Hey Kay, you seen my skateboard?" Slade asked walking up to his sister.

"I think it's in the closet sweetheart." Their stepmother smiled.

Slade looked at his family surrounding him. His stepmother was leaning on the kitchen island with her head in her hands, his father was by the couch in the living with his hands on his hips, and his sister was by the staircase with her arms crossed. They all looked rather annoyed.

"Am I interuppting something?" The fourteen year old asked.

Both adults croaked 'no' while his sister muffled a 'fortunately'. The boy moved over to the kitchen closet and grabbed a small black board from under the shelf. He opened the door and went outside, shooting a confused look at his sister before leaving.

"You really should get them brooms." Jessa said to her husband.

"I've told you a million times they're dangerous." He snapped back at her.

"Unbelievable." Kayli rolled her eyes and headed back her way up the staircase leaving the faded sounds of the adults bickering behind.

Passing her little stepsister's room, she heard odd sounds and opening the door a smudge she watched as the five year old cuddled a small doll in her arms. Kayli watched her for a couple minutes until she looked up at her.

"Hey Kay, want to play with me?" She said with a bright child's smile.

"Maybe in a couple minutes Tal, I have to take to Ash first." Kayli shot the little girl a smile.

"Okie-dokie." She said returning her attention back to the doll.

3 years ago, when her father married Jessa, they had met Talia, Jessa's two year old daughter. Her father had been a one night stand but the girl was the sweetest thing on earth, something she got from neither parents genes. Talia shared the absent father's brown hair, while she shared the chocolate brown eyes with her mother.

Kayli made her way into the bedrooms her brothers shared. Slade at fourteen and Asher at eleven, the two got along as well as any brothers do.

While Slade had their maternal grandfather's dark hair, Asher's dirty blonde was from their paternal grandmother. Kayli got her father's medium brown hair. And all three had their mother's bright blue eyes. However, Kayli's and Asher's were both covered with dark colored glasses.

Plopping herself on the sofa across from the boys bunk bed, she watched as her little brother climbed down from the top.

"Fighting again are we?" The eleven year asked.

"Yep." She said enthusing the 'p'.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"Nope." She said yet again emphasizing the 'p'. Then Slade opened the door to their room and plopped himself on the floor.

"I thought you were riding your skateboard." Kayli asked her little brother.

"I was then I hit Mrs. Rodney's cat and she took it from me." Slade sighed.

"I'll go get it from her." The seventeen year old stood up to leave the room.

"They're really moving to London aren't they Kay?" Slade asked his older sister.

"Yes siree." Kayli smiled.

"Who knows maybe it'll be better." Asher said resting his head on the bed of the bottom bunk.

Kayli snarled as she slammed the door, leaving her little brothers to deal with Jessa's yelling as she went to retrieve the skateboard.