Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since my last chapter. Had ALOT going on in my life, but with the love and help of friends it's quite possible that I can get back to writing this novel. I do love all of you and pray God's blessings on each and every one. Please enjoy chapter 3 and know  chapter 4 is soon to follow. This chapter is dedicated to my friend Cindy Hazelwood for prompting me to get it up and continue on with my book. Love ya girlie!

Chapter 3

As I drifted off to sleep that night mulling over the events of the day, I seriously hoped that I would be able to get a decent nights sleep. I should have known better, once the dreams started, they did not stop until the conflict had been resolved and the enemy defeated. This is one thing that had never changed since the dreams first began. And hoping for a full nights sleep was futile.

    As sleep over took me, I suddenly realized I couldn't see more than a few feet ahead of me. The fog was so thick you could almost cut it with a knife. And so dark... the only source of light seemed to come from the other side of the fog bank. Taking a deep breath I moved forward, walking directly into the fog, knowing any answers would be found on the other side. You might be wondering at this point why in the world a sixteen year old girl would walk directly into a dark, eerie fog alone. Well that's simple really. I knew intrinsically that one must first step out in faith in order to achieve ones goals and find the answers they seek. Otherwise, you remain rooted where you are, never moving forward. This is not a place I would ever want to be any more than I wanted to be walking through the fog alone. So I put one foot in front of the other and kept moving, although I was barely able to see my hand in front of my face.

    As the light source got closer I could see that there wasn't any man made source to it.. the only thing on the other side of the bank was a dark figure, which appeared to glow from within. Uneasily I stepped toward the figure, which turned out to in fact be a person. Well a person isn't quite accurate. This was a spirit. I had become familiar with speaking with spiritual beings over the past months, but this one seemed different somehow. I just couldn't put my finger on it, but one thing was obvious, she had something to tell me.

"Raine Aisling."

She said it as a statement, she had known who I was, and that I would come. Beneath the dark hood she wore her eyes were a pale blue, barely visible but for the glow emanating from her. Her voice had a musical quality, and I wondered of her origin for I could see that she was one of the pure spirits. A term used for those who had passed in infancy or sooner that had a job to do that was far beyond our temporal existence. People generally see this as a sad thing, but were it not for these beings, alot in our world would be lost. They do not carry the grief that those who have lived and died do, they don't know the world as we do. Having no experience in it, they simply do what needs to be done to accomplish the right and purposeful laws of God. She was no exception. Which explained the glow which constantly radiated from her.

I nodded respectfully "You've a message for me, or I would not be here"

A soft smile played at her lips "I am Satyra, and You are just as I expected Raine, quite focused and determined, mature beyond your years"

"I've no time to behave any other way, I understand the nature of the tasks at hand, any misstep on my part wouldn't just affect me, there is too much at risk to act juvenile and ask too many questions"

She nodded solemnly "There are some things you need to know in order to suceed in this Raine, this is not just any opponent you are to face." Her voice grave as she spoke, eyes haunted. "You already know the kind of being I am, there are many like me. We never question what is, we simply exist and do what is necessary and right at all times. There has never been one to do otherwise. Until now."

Her gaze, which had never left mine through this whole meeting suddenly averted, looking to the ground at my feet. It was then I Realized that this was already far more serious than I had thought. Which was really saying something.

"Until now?" I asked.

Her gaze returning to mine, she spoke softly. "It seems that one of us has decided that our existence isn't for him. That a terrible injustice was done to him and he has become angry. He views the world as his enemy and has decided to end it"

Shocked by her words, my mind was reeling. Nothing like this had ever happened before to my knowledge, and the power that unleashed on the world was far beyond anything I could manage alone. Which gave creedence to Kayne's words, about me needing help on this one. So my next question was obvious. "Can he do it? Is it possible for one of your kind to destroy the world?"

Again she nodded solemnly. "For what we must accomplish, there are times when great power is required. And yes, it is more than enough to as you say, destroy everything."

As her words sunk in, I had to take a deep breath, my mind reeling from the shock of all she had said. Trying to piece together how this could possibly have happened. Normally these beings had no knowledge of how they came to be, so under normal circumstances they felt nothing in regard to their existence. To them, they just were and they were fine with that. All this begged the question "Can he be saved?"

My heart sank as Satyra shook her head no. It seemed to me a very sad thing for this to have happened and I wanted to know why. So I asked her. "why?"

The grave look she gave me spoke volumes as she said "He knows too much now, the pain would be too great for his existence to continue, even if his memories were erased, his soul would still know the pain. This unfortunately, cannot be undone."

My heart heavy, unsure how to proceed I tried to accept the reality of all she had said. "And his name?"

"Jori. He is called Jori. And that is all that I can tell you for now. The time draws near. *she began fading away as she spoke* Godspeed Raine Aisling. You're going to need it" As she vanished completely I realized I never got to thank her, but that thought was short lived as I was sucked back into consciousness.

    Waking up in my own bed, rubbing my eyes sleepily, I could hardly believe all Satyra had told me. Although I knew it to be truth, it was still hard to swallow. Looking at my clock, I shook my head sadly. Time to get up, and face another day. Reluctantly I climbed out of bed and got ready for school.