Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Despite not waking up in the Quidditch stands with James calling her name, Renata had not entered a state of darkness that one would probably have associated with fainting. Instead, as soon as she had slipped back, she found herself sitting in an all-too-familiar classroom. The problem was, the classroom itself was not one associated with a school, but one that could be found in her own home back at her parents' house. She could distinctly tell by the sickly yellow walls that were decorated with the writing of spells and all sorts of teachings. There were all sorts of books, but never ones with the sole purpose of entertainment, they were all educational textbooks.

There were no windows in the classroom as Renata distinctly remembered because the outside was just far too distracting during lessons. It was only illuminated by the lanterns that were in the room and the small fireplace during the colder months when it was actually lit. In the centre of the room were the two desks that Renata was all too familiar with. It was where she and Adelmo would spend hours during the summer holidays studying and working.  Throughout the days it always rotated who their teacher was, depending on their mother's and father's schedules. Normally though, it was their mother that would give them their daily lessons and be around in case they had any questions.

She told them far too often that over the summer that students grew too lazy and by the time they returned to school, they had practically forgotten everything they had been taught during the year. She didn't want that for Renata and Adelmo, she wanted them to be used to the school environment and she always wanted them to be better. However, as Renata stood in the classroom, despite the roaring fire off the side, she suddenly felt incredibly chilled to the bone.

The sound of footsteps approaching the room sounded and she turned her head, only to see her mother walk in.

"Renata! Adelmo!"

Renata watched as she walked in, looking around the room before she pursed her lips together, clearly seeing that neither one of them were in the classroom. Renata remembered often times that she and Adelmo would sneak off to play and that usually caused plenty of disappointment in the eyes of their parents. They wanted their children to be successful, but sometimes Renata and Adelmo were overpowered by the want of playing. It only seemed natural as they were only children at the time, but it wasn't considered the norm in their household.

Often times their parents told them from the very beginning that they were not normal children, they were exceptional, they were to rise high above others. But in order to do so, they had to stay committed, no matter how younger they were or how tempted they were by other things. Straying off the path meant that they weren't going to be successful and unfortunately, Renata had fooled herself to believe that she had strayed from the path far too many times and that's why she had missed out on her chance of becoming an Auror.

Listening to her mother call their names sent the hairs on the back of Renata's neck to stand straight up, goosebumps lingering all over her skin. Her mother didn't look happy at all, in fact, she looked extremely annoyed, especially as she heard the sounds of a young Renata and Adelmo racing towards the classroom, their laughter echoing in the hallway.

As Renata witnessed a younger version of herself and Adelmo appear at the door, she saw the smiles instantly fade as they started apologising profusely. Her stomach turned just seeing the fear on their faces because she knew they were in trouble for running off when they were supposed to be working. Watching as her mother took a step towards them in a scolding tone, Renata was suddenly blinded by a bright white light that caused her to screech. But if that wasn't bad enough, it was followed by such a splitting pain in her head that she continued to scream in agony.