Part 3

Right. So. This has been revived in the end of 2020. It's been 2, almost 3 years. I've... Changed. To say the least.

I've had this chapter, and possibly a few more, saved. I will do my best to find them.

Reading all of your comments really inspired me to log back into Wattpad again. I treasure all of you; and thank you for your kindness.

I haven't written in months, and my writing style has massively changed. I don't know what to do with this story; would you like me to finish it with my rusty skills, or edit it to an early end?

All you viewers are the best.

------------------

The 12th of October 2005, 10:05pm

It was a Wednesday.

"He hasn't told you about that? Do you always hear stories about his scars?" Draco wasn't that worried that Harry had an excessive number of scars; it came with the job of being an Auror. However, it was slightly disturbing that he would tell the stories of how he got them to his children, and even more worrying he hadn't told Leo of his most famous one. Teddy already knew through Draco; he had known since he was 5.

"He hasn't gotten around to it, and always," Leo said passively. He was snuggled under the covers and didn't look ready to hear one of the most terrifying stories in his life. Teddy was looking rather alarmed, but he nodded to signal that Draco should do it.

"Do you know why your dad is famous?" Draco exhaled deeply, getting ready to ruin this child's innocence.

"No." The little lion replied.

"Well, it's because of that scar." The boy bolted upright at those words, realising this would be a serious conversation.

"How?" He demanded.

"When your father was a baby, there was a war. There were two sides, light; the one your grandparents were fighting for, and dark; a community led by a creep who wanted to live forever and cause destruction on muggles. The dark side hurt, killed and tortured people. There was a prophecy saying that a child would fight against the Dark leader and only one would survive. That child was your father. Immediately, the Dark leader hunted him," Draco paused, wondering if he should tell the next part. Leo was statue still, aggravatingly expressionless. "He killed his parents. His mum tried to protect him, and her love did. The Dark Lord tried to kill him, but his mother's love caused the spell to backfire and the Dark Lord was defeated for the first time."

Tears had begun falling down the small boy's face. "I-I almost had no dad? My dad grew up without parents?" He croaked, jaw trembling. "How?"

Teddy wrapped his arms around the boy and Draco placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "What do you mean?" He asked gently.

"How is he such a great dad, smile every day, get his heart broken and not break?" Whimpers and sobs escaped the boy. Draco hugged him tightly, trembling at the accusation in his voice.

"I don't know," He whispered back. "I don't know."

=

The next morning, Draco was making pancakes and waffles in the sunlit kitchen. Teddy was teaching a subdued Leo how to dance. The room was filled with quiet beautiful piano music, coming from a small device. As they danced along to it, the blonde man thought of how they acted; they snuggled under the covers, didn't physically fight and were dancing waltzes to piano music in the morning. He might not have had siblings of his own, but he wasn't blind. He figured he should've been worried by their behaviour, but he ignored it.