Chapter 17: After Dinner

Zella pov

"I can not believe I'm doing this." I thought to myself. "I'm having dinner with The Batman and his family. Dick is lucky I wanted to help him." When Alfred came to tell us dinner was ready, Dick walked with me to the dining room. He let go of me just long enough to pull out a chair for me. Once I was seated, he took the chair on my right while Damian took the one on my left. Jason and Tim were across from us. Bruce sat at the head of the table. I don't know what is worse: being interrogated by The Batman or the pain from pressing that button.

The dinner was a delicious looking roasted lamb with rosemary and garlic. There was also a option for those who didn't eat meat. After taking a sip of water, Bruce started the questions.

"So Zella, when did you and Dick meet?"

"Oh...a year and a half ago."

"We had started dating almost a year ago.", Dick says with a small smile.

"So where did you meet?", Jason asks us.

"I walked into her store and bumped into her as she was trying to reach a book on a higher self for a kid."

"I almost fell but Dick grabbed me and prevented me from falling.", I say with a small giggle.

"We slowly got to know each other and the rest you know."

"That's so cute and sweet.", Jason says with an eye roll.

"You're just jealous Jay.", Dick says with a smirk and kisses the side of my head. I blush hugely when he does that.

"As if."

"Do you have any family?", Tim asks after taking a bite.

"Just my grandpa, Gus Hodges. He basically raised me from childhood.", I said with a fond smile.

"So you two live together?"

"Yes we do."

I wince slightly and tried to ignore the pain but it seems like I wasn't fooling Dick or Alfred.

"Are you alright Miss Duff?", Alfred asks as he takes my empty plate and replaces it with a slice of cake.

"Oh. Yes, I'm fine, just a little tired."

We had small talk during dessert and head to the living room for a bit once it was done. I left to use the restroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick pov

When Zell left to use the restroom, my family began to question me.

"So does she know you're Nightwing?" Jason asks as he leans against the couch.

"Yes and she is fine with it. Chews me out when I come home hurt."

"I bet."

"Dick, The League has heard about a new hero in your city. Her name is Phantasma and they want her to join. Do you happen to know where to find her and ask for the League?", Bruce asks me.

"Nope sorry. She literary walks out the shadows and disappears in them. I have no idea where she goes or comes from. Sometimes she isn't even on the same case as me."

"I see. So she lives up to her name then."

"Huh?", Jason asks completely lost.

"Tch. Her name is Latin for ghost or phantom Todd.", Damian says with an eye roll.

"Then how will you find her to ask her?", Tim asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Commit a crime?", Jason asks with a shrug of his shoulders.