“Come on gurl, let loose for once!” She squealed and downed a shot. “Even the person you’re embarrassed about would have drunk a couple of times after that.” She added while I just did another eye roll. Of course she would taunt me about it after all I was the one who told her the little incident about how I woke up with a handsome Stephano sitting beside me and my angry dad’s reprimanding gaze from the foot board of Stephano’s master bed.

“I’ll just dance.” I insisted.

The person she just brought up was the same one I was trying to get my mind off. I was still stunned by the view earlier on. Who was that woman? I had seen her somewhere but at the moment, I couldn’t place exactly where that was. She looked eerily familiar.

She also looked just as beautiful as I remembered her to be and that prideful gaze... I snapped my fingers together while Adrian giggled at something the bartender was saying.

Uh! I still couldn’t remember just where I had seen her before now. It was years ago, maybe in a magazine or thereabout.

But she was definitely really pretty, just like she was then.

Maybe I should just dance. I’ll just dance and let loose, minus the drinking part because I wouldn’t entertain a repeat of what happened several years ago. Who knew what I would do this time around.

I dragged Adrian down the stairs, to the ground floor where the real clubbing was happening. People were having the time of their lives on the dance floor at the left part of the floor, moving their bodies to the rhythm of the music.

The loud sound of a song by Taylor Swift instantly hit my ears as I maneuvered my way over with a giddy Adrian. I swayed my hips and made my eyes droop in what I guessed to be a sexy way. I needed to feel good about myself and just get out the hunting image flicking through my memory.
I imagined Stephano was actually standing before me, his gaze flickering all over my body. So I twerked to Bad Blood, another one of Tailor Swift’s songs and jiggled my body mindlessly, the image clouding my senses and making my brain foggy.

That woman and Stephano... They were locked in what I could only call a lovers embrace and the image hunted me. The song was changed to Ed-Sheeran’s Perfect. Just like that, my mood switched. I hugged myself tightly as I noticed couples were dancing around me and Adrian was also dancing with a random dude who looked like he wanted to swallow her whole. I looked up to stare at the bulbs above as the neon lights changed into their different colors. Slowly swaying my body, I heaved a contented sigh.

Was he trying to run from that woman? They looked quite acquainted and I’d seen how she looked at him with so much love in her eyes, yet he’d signed a contract with me.
Or what was the relationship between them? Was he fooling me? He told me I was his and even though I didn’t accept it, I had allowed myself to actually think he meant it because of the sincerity in his tone.

Was he using me as a sort of relief because he had an argument with that woman and did that mean things were now good between them? Would we continue with the contract...? Emotions rippled through me. I didn’t know what to think anymore. Why was I even affected? He was still the heartless Stephano who always wanted everything to happen his way.

Why did my heart clench the other time when I saw them? Why did I feel like a part of me had suddenly been ripped off me?
Maybe because of the lover’s scene I had witnessed between Barbara and her boyfriend.

I always wondered if someone or anyone for that matter would ever feel that way towards me. Stephano had kissed me like I mattered to him. And maybe because-
I felt someone snake their hands around me and I stiffened. No, I wasn’t used to dancing with someone so close to me in a club, talks less dancing with strangers. Trying to turn around, the person’s arm tightened around me.