Chapter 5

The sky had begun to darken by the time they got outside. The couple could see everyone making their way to a bonfire in an alcove a little bit away from the main site so they decided to follow the crowd, thinking the rest of the squad would be there.

They found them sitting on two tree logs that had been made into seating around the fire. They were in their usual pairs of Yoichi and Kimizuki, and Shinoa and Mitsuba.

When the couple arrived, Kimizuki stood up, an action that caused Yoichi to look worried, "Please, not here, Kimizuki..." he begged, just loud enough for them to hear. He tried to grab his sleeve but Kimizuki pulled away, "No I want to settle this once and for all."

"What do you want, telephone pole?"

"Stop calling me that! Anyway, how about we settle the question of who's stronger?"

Yuu narrowed his eyes, "Why would I need to do that? I already know it's me..."

This made Kimizuki mad, "That's exactly why we need to settle it! To put you and your ego in place."

Mika put a hand on Yuu's shoulder, "You don't need to do this, Yuu-chan, you don't gain anything from this, other than pride."

"And the joy of showing Kimizuki that he's not all that... So what were you thinking?"

"Well there's a bonfire here. Let's test who's less of a wimp by who can jump through it with the least amount of trouble."

Yuu thought for a second.

"You're on!"

Kimizuki smirked, "May the best man win."

Yoichi and Mika shared a worried look, neither wanting their significant other to get hurt as a result of their massive egos.

The discussion between the boys had gathered a small audience, the adults who were meant to be taking care of them all suspiciously vacant from the bonfire.

Kimizuki pushed Yuu forward, "You first, Idiot."

Yuu started to protest but knew that would show weakness so he prepared to run and jump. He knew that the distance was going to be difficult but not impossible to jump over.

He turned to Mika, a childish grin on his face, "Wish me luck!"

Just as Yuu began to run, Mika turned to the entrance of the alcove. Guren turned the corner, along with Shinya and Krul, oblivious to what Yuu was about to do.

"Yuu, wait!!" Called Mika but it was too late.

Yuu had already jumped, Mikas call making him turn his head.

It caught him off guard, his foot landing awkwardly on the ground. It slipped out from underneath him and he fell to the floor, hitting his head on one of the logs around the fire. He was out cold.

Mika could feel his heart in his throat as he watched the disaster unfold. He ran round the fire, at the fallen raven's side at inhuman speed. He knelt down, turning Yuu onto his back and placing his head in his lap.

"Yuu-chan? A-Are you okay?" Mika asked, worry plain on his face.

The adults ran over, trying to assess Yuu and see if he was okay. Mika was having none of it.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" He hissed, causing Krul to usher the others away.

"You heard him, make room!" She called out, the rest of the teens that had watched forming a circle around them. Hushed conversations took place around the boys, shock and confusion the main topics. It all happened so fast that no one knew what had gone on.