1- The day the Evil God killed me

I never thought of how I would die. I mean, if you start thinking of how humans are such a fragile creature and how this tiny spiritual fire inside of us that we like to call 'life' can be so easily wiped out, you'd probably get into some kind of existential crisis and never get out of it.

So, I just did my best every day and kept living my life. It could be very busy sometimes, considering my career as a doctor, but it was a good one. A life that I've chosen and fought for.

Maybe my dream to go to Medical School was because of my parents, both doctors as well. In my eyes, they were like heroes, saving lives by day, solving crimes by night. Even after I was old enough to stop fantasizing about my parents' heroic careers, I still wanted to fallow their footsteps.

And I knew I could, because - not being snobbish or anything - I've always been a smart kid. Not the kind of genius who could sleep through all the classes and still somehow get 100% accuracy on tests, but I was both a studious person and someone who could understand things easier than most.

When I get to high school and saw how all the girls of my age were either worried about boys and make-ups or about their idols' next concert, I decided that that wasn't for me. I studied harder than I have ever before, skipped high school and went directly to university.

That's why I have already graduated by time I reached 18, and by 21 my career was mostly stable in one of the biggest hospitals in New York City.

Too bad I died by the age of 22.

The thing is, even though my parents and I moved to America when I was a child, our whole family were still living in Japan. Days after my 22º birthday, there was this huge family meeting, so we went back to our native country. It was nice and happy with everyone together, but because I had some obligations at the hospital, I had to come back earlier than my parents.

If there was something that could bore me to death (A/N: too soon?) was having to wait all the 15 hours of flight between USA and Japan. Since there was absolutely nothing to do, I started playing this otome game, 'My Princess', that my second degree cousin gave me at the meeting. Her name is Yuki, same age as me, married and waiting for the first child. By what I got from her ambiguous words, she thinks I could magically developed some interest in getting a boyfriend if I played this game that she used to play when she was, like, 15.

Because it was supposed to be an harmonious event, I didn't say all the mean words I wanted to, but now, maybe I should thank Yuki for relieving me from my boredom.

But I never got the chance to do that.

Suddenly, we were caught in the middle of a storm. There was no warning as the strong wind, heavy rain and dangerous lighting were all around us. The seat-belt light was turned on, and when the turbulence got worse, oxygen masks dropped down.

Let me say this, if you are on a plane and the oxygen masks fell... it generates panic. Although I wasn't screaming like most of the people around me, when a terrific lightning stroke us down, I bit my lips so hard it bled. As my conscious got dizzy due to the sudden depressurizing, I hugged the lady next to me. Because the truth is... I didn't want to die alone. No, I din't want to die at all. I've just... I've just started living my dream, and it was the day before that I promised my grandmother that I would visit her more often.

But now... I'm so sorry, grandmother. This unfilial me will make you bury your own grandchild.

-🔹-

I didn't understand what was going on. It felt like I've just woken up after being doped with morphine. When I forced my heavy eyelids to open, I wished I hand't done that.

There was no plane. It was literally just me, floating, in, the, middle, of, the, storm...!!!

Wha... just what...?

-Yep. You died. Congratulations. Wait, it's not this one. How is it again? Ah, yes, my condolences. - someone said. The voice had equal parts of disinterest and annoyance.

Then I saw... him. Strangely enough, the fact that he was also floating didn't caught my attention, but his appearance did. Everything about him, his aura, his features, his eyes that constantly changed colors, all of this warned me that this man in front of me wasn't just a man. He was something more.

-Well, at least you know how inferior you humans are when compared with the great me. - each word was soaked with arrogance. Then he continued, - Long story short, I was really bored so I decided to create an hurricane to take down a plane. But then, The Almighty God, who is not me just yet, came to me all "Oh, I am the greatest of all gods just because I have a tiny bit more power than all of you hohoho hey, you, I don't care if you are a little naughty but you cannot kill a whole airplane worthy of people bla bla bla". So, here we are. Because he can actually destroy me, I decided to listen to him just for now. To make up for all these souls I killed without any apparent reason, I will have to *sound filled with disgust* help one of you. And you're the lucky one. Be eternally grateful.

I could see his mouth moving but I couldn't quite grasp his words and it was so difficult to keep my eyes open and oh my god, it's so cold here. Home, I want to go home, please.

-Impossible, like I said, you're dead. Anyway, I'll give you another life. Reincarnate, you may say. Although it's such a waste to use my godly powers in someone like you... I don't wanna do this... Oh, what is this? My Princess, hum? Good enough, I don't want to think too much.

My head... so dizzy... cold...

-Let's finish with this already. - just before he lift his arms, the man tilted his head like he was hearing the sound of the wind. The face he made after that was one filled with shock. - What? Not only will I have to give her another life, but also help her survive it? Like some kind of cheat? What do you think my powers are, coins to give to beggars?

A mighty thunder reverberated.

-Hmpf, alright, then. Akane Saito... From what I see from your soul, you're a fairly decent person. Light magic would suit you. - then he smiled - Since that's the case, I shall give you the magic of darkness.

The last thing I saw was that evil grim in his face.