Phase 3: Escape

Written By: DGrayManLover

(Unedited)

Phase 3,

--Hibiki's POV--

I couldn't believe they had sent him. Did they know I was down here? Were they using him against me? Or did he know what he was headed into?

"You're an MWPSB Enforcer, right?" Choe speaks into his radio. Choe taunts him more and more, but he remains civil throughout their conversation.

That is until Choe spills the information that he his right in front of the door that led to the core of Sibyl system. "What?" Shusei's voice comes out of my own radio, he sounds surprised.

I start to ignore their conversation and try to find a way to avoid being seen by Shusei. I quietly head down the rest of the stairs and I throw my radio across the room. I step into a dark corner and wait. I can hear Choe mumbling on to Shusei and then I hear the two helmet men that stopped about five levels up from here begin to fight Shusei.

Shit, of all the people they could of sent down here, they send him. Is he by himself? If so why did they leave the fate of the Sibyl system in the hands of one guy, especially a guy who hates it. While he was talking to Choe he happened to mention that he hates Sibyl.

God this sucks! I slow my breathing, I can now hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to the bottom floor. Judging from their distantance I'd say he was now three floors away. There was no one else between him and I. Let's just hope he doesn't notice me.

I hear a door slide open from over in Choe's direction he has no doubt broken the entry code to the door, dammit I'm not going to be able to destroy Sibyl with Shusei here.

Finally I hear Shusei's footsteps to my left. He's here, and he's alone. He's injured pretty bad from the three men he fought before, and I can hear his ragged breathing. A few seconds after he passes by me another figure saunters a few steps behind. I held my breath as I recognized the person.

It was Chief Kasei, what the hell was she doing down here? She shouldn't even be in the field right now. That's when I noticed the Dominator she was carrying, what was she planning on doing with that? It doesn't even work down here.

I step out from the shadows once I hear her footsteps further away. I head in the direction she was going, seriously it's like the womans been down here before. She knew exactly where to go. I stayed a good distance away from her, I don't want to be anywhere near her with a Dominator, even if it's not functioning.

Finally we come to an entrance and I hear Choe and Shusei's voices. I stick to the wall a ways back and keep out of her sight. She shouldn't notice me since I've got the helmet on. I look into the room Choe was on the right and was facing what I assumed was the core of Sibyl. Shusei was on the left and he turns as Chief Kasei takes her last step. She aims her Dominator at Choe and he quickly turns with a gun of his own. They both fire at the same time but Choe's gun wasn't fast enough. Somehow Chief Kasei was able to override the Dominator and use it anyway.

Her gun eliminated Choe, just like Inspector Enomoto eliminated my father.

Choe's gun did do some damage to her, and my eyes went wide at what I saw. Her limbs were that of a robot, she, she wasn't human. She straightened her position up and her head fell to the side.

"Chief?" I heard Shusei gasp, I can only imagine what she looks like from the front.

Oh my god, I felt my heart race as she aims her gun at Shusei. No, what the hell does she think she's doing? Shusei is an Enforcer. The Dominator began to speak, Non-Lethal Paralyzer, aim calmly and subdue the target...The gun begins to short out and the next words it speaks sends anger flowing through my body. Destroy Decomposer. No, I grip onto the chainsaw and step behind the woman. I'd die before she kills him.