"-But I don't want you to fall in love with me."

~

"Mina and Chaeyoung should be on their way here." Nayeon's voice spoke in which Jeongyeon sighed too. Sana smiled bitterely but the two eldest knew what she felt behind that broken smile.

"Sana, just be strong ok? Mina won't blame you." Jeongyeon repeated, clutching onto Sana's hands. Not only were Nayeon and Jeongyeon present but Dahyun was there, sitting on the couch.

Dahyun stared at her bed ridden friend, with a pity look, "I didn't tell her anything when I found out about my condition-" Sana chuckled, looking down at her lap, "-I should have. I regret it."

Nayeon held in the tears as she hated to see people in pain, "She'll understand. I promise."

Jeongyeon and Dahyun nodded, giving Sana all the support she can get. Mina was one of the most special people to Sana, and seeing that she lied to her will hurt Sana more than anything after seeing Mina cry.

Nayeon looked back at her phone and finally got the text from the cub, "They're here."

~

Mina was walking and she was ahead of Chaeyoung but before she can even reach their destination, Chaeyoung had reached out to her, surprisingly, "Mina."

With a worried expression, the older girl looked back, "Yes?" She stuttered. The hospital atmosphere always left a bitter taste to Mina's tounge.

With slow movement, Chaeyoung gently grabbed Mina's wrist, "Whatever happens-I'm here for you." She spoke and this time, Mina felt the full sincerity in her voice. Chaeyoung's expression changed into one that showed support and concern.

"Chaeyou-"

"I don't care about what happened in the past but just know," Chaeyoung looked Mina in the eye, "I'll never leave you behind. I will always be with you and if you want to talk, I'll be your shoulder. I'll be there for you. This time, I promise to never leave you. Mina, I won't ever turn my back on you."

Mina stared in shock, hearing these words come out of Chaeyoung's mouth was something she wanted to hear for the past few days but these words also added a sense of guilty. I should be saying sorry now. I should be the one saying those things.

Chaeyoung held Mina's hand and it gave the latter a sense of security. As the younger girl squeezed Mina's hand, she brought her in front of the door, opening it slowly. Mina was confused at first but her eyes went wide as she saw Sana laying on the bed.

Without a single thought, Mina ran towards her friend asking all kinds of questions until finally, Jeongyeon spoke up, "Mina there's something that we need to tell you."

Mina looked at the short haired girl, Jeongyeon and it seemed as if she was already on the brink of tears. Sana wrapped her hand around Mina's hoping it would comfort her but it did little to nothing.

Jeongyeon continued, "For the last three months, Sana had to go through some tests because of some symptoms she's been experiencing-" Mina listened intently and her heart was beating faster as the elder girl spoke.

"-After a while, the tests came back. It was positive," Jeongyeon held her coat, clutching onto it, "It confirmed that Sana had a heart condition. It causes her to lose breath easily and her heart condition has a chance to stop pumping blood. Which can kill her."

Mina watched Jeongyeon and the sight for everyone was already heartbreaking, Sana looked away, scared to even look at her friend. With a weak voice, Mina spoke, "It's curable. Right?"

Nayeon decided to answer, "Y-Yes. But we need to find a donor. Since there was no donor yet, Sana wasn't put on the waiting list yet-"

Mina ran up to Dahyun, her eyes were puffy red and the latter couldn't even bare to speak, "What happened."

"We only found out a few months ago-" Dahyun was interrupted.

"What happened!" Mina screamed, pushing Dahyun to the wall, "YOU PROMISED YOU'LL TAKE CARE OF HER. YOU LIAR. YOU LIED TO ME."

Before Jeongyeon and Nayeon could even run, Chaeyoung rushed to Mina's side, wrapping her arms around the girls' waist and trying to pull her back, "Mina please-"

With an angered temper, Min harshly pushed Chaeyoung away. Tears nonstop running down her cheeks, "IF SHE DIES-"

Jeongyeon looked at Mina, "THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN-"

"ITS A POSSIBILTY!" Mina cried, "ARE YOU SURE? ALL OF YOU LIED TO ME! YOU PROMISED BUT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS RIGHT. PROMISES ARE ALWAYS BROKEN."

Sana could barely speak up, as she would choke everytime she tried. Chaeyoung slowly stood up, looking at Mina who was screaming and crying.

"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME." Mina screamed.

Dahyun looked down, "We didn't want to hurt you-"

Mina clenched her fists, "AND YOU THINK DOING THIS WOULD BE BETTER? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOU ALL LIED-WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME! YOU LIED." With tears in her eyes, Mina turned on her heel, exiting the room.

Sana choked on her spit as she tried to call out to Mina who was now gone. Nayeon has tears in her eyes, running over to the girl on the bed, tightly wrapping her arms around Sana, "I'm sorry.." Nayeon apologized.

Chaeyoung clenched her fists, rushing out of the room. Luckily catching up to Mina who was in the hall, walking fast. "Stop chasing me." Mina sternly spoke but it was obvious she will breakdown once more.

With a swift move, Mina felt a pair of arms turn her around and bring her into a tight hug. One that was filled with emotion. "Let go-" She cried, hitting Chaeyoung's chest who didn't let go.

The girl hugged tighter in which weakened Mina, letting her melt into Chaeyoung arms. With that, Mina let the tears flow, not even trying to stop them. Chaeyoung held Mina close to her, making sure she won't go anywhere, with a sincere voice, Chaeyoung spoke.

"I let you go once. I won't let you go again."

::

Thank you for reading this chapter 🐧🐯