s e v e n

[ ETHAN'S POV]
"prove it then." She says, and I hesitate.

Her lips were only a few feet away, and without thinking I press mine into hers, tasting her strawberry mango chapstick.

Kayla had always had eyes on my brother, but she never knew how I felt about her.

It felt like hours that we stayed connected but it was only a few seconds, but I felt something.

I hope she did too.

She looks at me, and I only say one thing before leaving her to think.

"You're perfect Kay, please don't hurt yourself." I say and turn around, leaving.

Was this a mistake? I don't know.
-
[ KAYLA'S POV ]
I replayed everything my head over and over not knowing what to do.

He was never more than a big brother to me and now that we've kissed everything changed.

I layed in bed, trying to watch Netflix, but the thought of what happened was still racing through my mind.

I was zoned out, thinking of outcomes until a message popped up on my phone, snapping me out of my trance.

1 New Message: emma chambie🤩

I quickly unlock my phone to read what she had sent me, and when I saw it, I panicked.

emma chambie🤩: hey love, good news! I'm coming home earlier than expected, I missed you sm! Can't wait to see u.:))

How the hell was I supposed to tell her that I kissed her crush? I needed to tell Ethan tonight that things weren't going to work.

it's gonna fucking hurt, but it's the price you have to pay for the ones you love.
-
[ GRAYSON'S POV ]
It's been 2 weeks since me and Kayla hooked up, and I have to admit, I miss her.

I admitted that I loved her, and I told her how I felt. I poured out my entire heart and I'm being a douchebag to her.

I hate myself, she deserves so much better. When Ethan found out, he was pissed.

He thinks I'm gonna use her and treat her like a piece of trash, and I won't. Even though it's too late, because I already did. I fucked up and I can't fix it without seeming vulnerable to the whole school.

My reputation meant a lot to me, but losing people I loved hurts. That's why I laid off of her and stayed distant.

I have to make her hate me, no matter what. I knew that Ethan liked her, and I shouldn't have pounced on her.

We weren't on speaking terms until a while ago when he told me what happened.

everything.

I'm the reason Kayla is hurting herself.

I'm the reason she's broken.

It's me, it's my fault that she isn't trying and doesn't care about her life anymore.

What did I do?
-
[ KAYLA'S POV ]
I knock on the door a few times but I still get no response.

I've been standing here for 15 minutes, and I know someone is here because Gray's Porsche is outside.

Ethan doesn't have his own car yet, but he's been saving up for a matte black Range Rover.