Sex, Drugs, and Coco Puffs (7)

"Brianna." Bethany called to me from what seemed like far away. "It's time to wake up, you have school today."

I murmured, and rolled over. I opened one of my eyes to see Bethany smiling at me

"Morning," I muttered.

"Morning, come on. You need to get up schools starts at nine, and it's already seven."

I sat up and rubbed sleep out of my eyes. I got out of my bed with the balance of a two year old, and staggered to my bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth, I walked back into my room intending to go to my closet, but when I saw the outfit on my bed, I knew that trip was not needed.

Bethany had seen to it that I had an outfit for my first day of school. I sighed in defeat knowing that if I didn't put it on Bethany would get angry or think I didn't like it. I put on the dress and accessories, and walked back into my bathroom to put on my make-up. I left my hair to dry naturally, not caring what the outlook was once it was dry. I would just bring a brush and headband to school.

"I hope you don't mind that I picked out what you were going to wear today." Bethany said sheepishly to me. "I just figured that since I won't really be able to help you out much in school, I could at least help you with your clothes."

"I don't mind, but isn't it a little cold?" I told her sitting down at the island. "What are you making?"

She came over to me with a plate of bacon, eggs, and waffles and a bowl of fruit.. "Standard first day of school breakfast. Only the best for my little sis, and some coffee, since I know I need it when I have to get up at seven. Not at all, I'll be driving you anyway."

"Thanks Beth." I said with a mouth full of bacon and eggs.

"Can I help you?" the secretary asked me.

Bethany had dropped me off at the front of the school about ten minutes ago, it hadn't taken me long to find the main office. She would have come in with me, but she had a shoot to get to. The school was big, yet it was a private school. We didn't have to wear uniforms, so I was happy about that. But it sucked because everyone knew everyone already, they all had their own cliques and friends.

"Yes, I'm new here." I told the lady. "My name is Brianna Dawson, I transferred here from Jackson high in San Francisco, California."

"Of course, your sister called a few days ago to inform us that you would be coming." she moved around her desk, looking through papers and in file cabinets. "Ah, here they are."

She swivelled back to me, and handed me a few papers. "This is your schedule, locker and lock number, and a map of the school."

I took the papers and looked them over. She handed me another small sheet of paper, telling me that I needed my teachers to sign it and bring it back to the office at the end of school.

"Thank you." I said. I turned, and walked out of the main office.

Classes hadn't started yet, but there were kids walking around, sitting at tables and by their lockers, talking to friends or finishing homework. I found my locker easily, I put in my locker organizers and a picture of me and Bethany.

First Period: Chemistry-Cheryl Cummings ~ Room 213

I looked at the first door I saw, it was room 234. I made my way back down the hallway, looking for room 213. This school was much bigger than my old school, and the numbers were in a weird order. At Jackson high, we only had two floors, here they have two in each building. The school is huge, they had the social/English building, science/math building, arts building and so many more. I had looked at my map, and seeing all the different buildings made my head hurt.

When I had found the classroom, I went up to the teacher and asked her to sign my slip. After she did, she asked me if I had all my books, I told her I did and she directed me to a seat in the back. Class was about to begin, and students were filing in.

When the bell rang Ms. Cummings started off where she had stopped yesterday. It really sucked that they were already into the semester, but it was a good thing I was a fast learner. She told us to work on the questions in chapter six at the bottom of the page for the rest of the period.

I looked around the classroom at all the friends talking and working together. There were very few people who were working alone or not talking to anyone, and it was probably because they had no friends in this particular class.

The bell rung, and I looked at my schedule before walking out of the class. I had History with Mr. Burt. I hated history, but I did it anyways it wasn't like I ever failed the class, but I tried to keep my grade in that class above a B or just a solid B+.

It took me a while to find the class, so I was late when I did finally find it. And the teacher made me introduce myself, not as punishment, just so they could get to know me.

So I stood there, red as an apple, and told the class about myself.

"My name is Brianna, I transferred here from Jackson High, San Francisco. I'm seventeen and I live with my sister. Um, t-that's all." I said, stammering at the end.

"Alright, well you can go sit next to Miss. Weston." Mr. Burt told me. "Miss. Weston, could you please raise your hand."

I looked up briefly to see a manicured hand go up, and moved quickly to the back of the classroom. I sat down in my desk and took out my notebook and started writing down the notes on the board.

The class was almost done, we had maybe twenty minutes left, when the door opened and three people entered the class.

"Miss. Zeke, Mr. Collins, Mr. Knightly, nice of you too join us." Mr. Burt said in a sarcastic voice. "Why don't you tell the class your riveting story of why you are so late?"

"Well," a girl started, she must be 'Miss. Zeke'. "There was this dragon in the south hallway, on the other side of the school, and it was trying to burn down the science department."

"And we decided that we should stop it." one of the guys continued. "You know, because we are the good students of this school. And the dragon tried to take a bite out of Wes, isn't that right Wes?"

The whole class seemed to be laughing at the explanation, but I couldn't find the humor in it. I scoffed at them, did they think that it was funny? Wait, did he say Wes? I looked up from the assignment that had been given and right into the green eyes of Wes Knightly. He was looking at me, smirking. It was like he knew I was scoffing at their ridiculousness.

"Alright, enough of this." Mr. Burt said, getting angrier by the second. "Just go find your seats and try to catch up with what you missed today. You're giving me a headache."

Mr. Burt had at least some sense to not have put them sitting beside each other. The girl went to sit in the middle of the row closets to the door, the guy sat in the very middle of the class, and Wes sat two seats behind me.

As he passed my desk he smirked and ruffled my hair, like he knew me or had any right to. I glared at his retreating figure briefly and went back to doing my assignment. I looked at the clock, we had about five minutes left. Mr. Burt announced that we could pack up and just chat for the rest of the class.

I packed up and pulled out my map and schedule, I had art next with Mrs. Coral. Luckily for me, the art department was in the building beside the history department we had about a five minute break from one class to another, and the art room seemed to be the second biggest room in the department.