Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Yasmine picked up the piece of cold bread and broke it into half, plopping one half into her mouth. Her stomach was burning with the intensity of hunger. She had blacked out since last night and she couldn’t even think without getting food in her system. The men who had taken her—supposedly the Wells—had left the tray of chicken soup and stale bread with some water on the floor after she refused to talk.

            From the way the sun shone strongly, she could tell that it was definitely daytime and somewhere around noon. She heard the sun shone the strongest at noon.

            The room though was still cold. It was better than earlier and in the night. As she took a spoonful of chicken soup into her mouth, she couldn’t help but wonder how she had gotten into this situation. Was Aaron okay? If they had kidnapped her, then maybe, her father’s gang—ex gang—had kidnapped Aaron in return?

            It’s fine. He’s fine, Yasmine scolded herself.

            From the looks of the room, it was some kind of basement but every time she tried to look out one of the small windows, all there was seemed to be grass. Lots and lots of tall grass that blocked out any view or landform that could help her identify where she was. She wasn’t even sure she was in Muxington.

            She suddenly remembered Aaron’s wedding was today. Lily was going to kill her if she wasn’t there way before these men who kidnapped her did. Yasmine reached into her pockets of her coat and tried to see if there was anything she could use—even a paper clip could help by attempting to break the lock on the door.

            “Damn it,” Yasmine cussed as she found nothing but a piece of paper which she threw to the side. And then she realized it was the photograph of James and Lily and picked it up and stared. The two people she could care less about anymore were actually with each other. What a perfect couple. “I’m sorry, Aaron,” she whispered for not telling him. He was probably getting married to the idiot right now.

            Shouts were suddenly thrown into the air with some yells.

            Yasmine tried to inch closer to the door to hear what was going on. Had someone came to save her? Her dad would’ve figured out by now she was missing.

            The door flung open and she retreated quickly back to her spot near the tray of food. At first nothing happened and then suddenly a body was kicked into the cool basement and a grunt of a man saying, “Get in there, punk!” The door slammed shut after that and Yasmine didn’t know if it was the creep who said that or the younger creep.

            She remembered the person thrown in there with her.

            The chilling thought appeared in her mind on how dangerous these people really were. Was it a dead body they threw in here? Curious, Yasmine carefully walked to the person and was surprised to see Aaron Wells himself getting off his knees.

            “Aaron,” she breathed. A explosion of emotions ran through her.

            He was dusting off his knees but stopped immediately after hearing her voice. Aaron looked up and gasped. “Yasmine!” His arms were around her before she could respond and he kept saying her name over and over.

            She hugged him back, grateful and relieved he was here now. He pulled back and she rested her hands on his chest. Yasmine suddenly gasped. “Jesus, what happened to your face, Aaron?”

            His usual gorgeous face was rougher than usual. His bottom lip had split and there was a bruise forming over his right cheek. There was also blood dripping down from a small cut on his forehead that made it look like he had been run over. His jaw was swelling already and she didn’t even want to think about his crooked nose.