Chapter Four

A/N - I promise I haven't given up with this story 😂 I am writing it but I have been very busy. I will try publish every week.

——————————————————————

Eren sat in the car silently, staring at the back of Erwin's head. Jean sat beside him in the backseat, Levi was in the other car with Hanji and Petra. They were driving along a highway, surrounded by biters. Erwin was driving right through them, Levi's car was already ahead.

Eren flinched as the living corpses banged on the window, trying to bite at the glass. He edged away from the door, staring back at the floor. He wished that the highway had just been empty, it means they could have gotten there faster. "So... where are we going?" Eren asked to the blond driving.

"We're going to a nearby town, it's not flooded with 'them' but we still need to be careful." Erwin replied, speeding up the car. Eren ducked his head and squeezed his eyes shut as the car hit multiple corpses. Jean laughed at him and glanced out the window. "They're pretty disgusting." Jean pointed to some of the ones left on the road.

Eren rolled his eyes and hit Jean in the arm. "You don't need to tell me, asshole." He hissed, continuing to keep his eyes closed. Jean let out an other laugh while Erwin just smiled in the front.

Finally they parked the now dirty and ruined cars by some tall buildings. Eren was about to jump out the car but Jean stopped him. "Wait! You can't go out without a weapon, dumbass." Jean quickly explained. Erwin nodded in agreement and opened the glove compartment, pulling out a three knives and three handguns each. He handed one knife and one gun to each of the teens then exited the car.

Eren stepped out the car, looking at the two weapons in his hand. "Um... I can't really..." He began, staring at the gun. He then shut his mouth, dropping both his hands by his side.

Erwin furrowed his eyebrows. "What is it Eren?" He asked. "If there's a problem you need to tell us. We can't go in if you aren't prepared." Jean nodded in agreement.

Eren sighed and shook his head, not wanting to seem weak. "Nothing, I'm ready." He glanced at the gun in his hand again and gulped, not admitting to it. He didn't know how to use a gun.

Then Levi walked over, Petra and Hanji following him. They were all equipped with weapons, some having hockey sticks, Levi having a rather large knife. The handle looked strange too, as if Levi had made special attachments to it.

"Come on, everyone grab a bag." Levi ordered, opening the trunk of his car to reveal a lot of duffel bags. Erwin and everyone else took one so Eren grabbed one too. Levi walked inside the building, holding his knife close to his chest.

Jean walked in, staying close to Eren on instinct. He didn't know how well Eren could cope in these situations or if he could even fight in a group. He did know that Eren could fight the biters though, he knew that since they first found Eren.

"Don't worry if you don't pick up a lot of stuff, just focus on staying alive this time." Jean whispered to the shorter brunette. Eren nodded as a reply and walked inside, holding up his knife. He put the gun in the holster on his belt. Jean gave him it earlier after he had breakfast.

They walked in, looking around the building. It was a shop on the bottom floor with isles of food. Everyone immediately opened their bags, packing the most important food. Eren followed Jean, putting a loaf of bread in his bag as well as different types of pastries that looked nice.

He saw Levi and Hanji in the corner of his eye packing lots of water. He turned his head, noticing Erwin and Petra grabbing the meat he could find. He smirked slightly and took one loaf. He tossed it at Jean's head before turning back to the shelves, an innocent look on his face.

Jean jumped back a little and narrowed his eyes, glaring at Eren. "Don't be a fucking asshole." He hissed, picking up the bread and putting it in his bag.

Suddenly there was a loud shout and Eren jumped back, quickly looking at where the shout came from. Petra was holding her gun up, aiming it at a horde that were stumbling through the door.

Everyone else quickly raised their guns, walking backwards as more came in. Eren followed their lead, stepping backwards and unholstering his gun. He glanced down at the gun, an angry expression on his face. He instead took his knife out and raised it up.

"Everyone spread out, take a section out each!" Levi ordered, quickly walking to an other aisle so the horde would separate. Erwin ran to an other aisle, as did Petra, Hanji, Jean and Eren.

As the corpses broke off into small groups, mindlessly stumbling through the aisles towards whoever was at the end of it. Levi began shooting once they were close enough, and that was signal for everyone else to start shooting too.

Eren held onto the knife tightly, waiting for the undead bodies to get closer. He hoped nobody would notice that he was using his knife instead of his gun. But unfortunately he spoke too soon.

"Eren! What are you doing?" Levi yelled from the aisle across. "Use your gun you dumbass!" He didn't take his eyes away from the walking bodies.

"Use the gun!" Petra yelled from nearby. "You need to use your gun!" She shouted again. Gun shots could be heard from all around.

Eren gritted his teeth, knowing fine well he couldn't use a gun at all. He tried to ignore everyone else's shouts but it got to his head. He threw his knife at the biters in anger and grabbed his gun. "Fine! Fuck sake." He muttered the last part, raising his gun with no idea how to use it.

As the corpses got closer Eren got more terrified. "Shit shit shit." He whispered, continuously pulling the trigger. But the gun wouldn't shoot. His hands were trembling.

"Shoot the damn biters!" Jean called, seeing Eren stand still. He couldn't see the corpses due to the aisles in the way of each other but by Eren's eyes he could tell they were getting close to him.

Eren narrowed his eyes and lunged himself at the biters in anger, the only thing he is being able to do is hit the body with the gun. It was very ineffective. "Fuck!" He screamed, feeling multiple hands grab him. He punched one in the face, blinded by rage. He felt himself pulled into the group and knew finally, that was it.